The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have messed around with a few different scanning lights, I want the brightest/best headlight on the market. I have one of the cree headlights off ebay right now that I made red, it seems to be the same thing as the Night Eyes headlight? I am not sure. What does everyone recommend ? xlr 100, night eyes, coyote light?

G

·
0 Posts
You cannot beat the nighteyes scanning lights in my opinion. The Coyote lights are very nice also but they are alot of money. Good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is strictly my opinion and experience so far, you can't compare the nighteyes with anything else on the market. As I posted on a couple of other threads I have no issues seeing eyes at 250+yds at about half or a little more power. I have used it about a half dozen times and have absolutely zero complaints. What you get is a great light to begin with and when the price is factored in it is even that much better. I was out with a buddy the other night that was using a nite lite that he bought last year and could not believe how bright my scanning light was compared to his couple hundred dollar one year old light. When I turned it on full power he was that much more impressed. I don't have much experience with many other lights but I don't believe you can compare the nighteyes to a cheap knock off from ebay. I hope what ever you decide works out for you but IMO I won't be buying any other scanning or gun lights any time soon. The price is right for a great product.

·
Registered
713 Posts
ChrisLD,
I can tell you that the light you are using now does not compare to my Night Eyes Scanning Light. With my light you have complete control of the brightness. You can set it as low as 1% and as bright as 100% or anywhere in between. The light is extremely durable and waterproof as well. I do offer a money back guarantee so if you decide to purchase my light and you are not completely satisfied with it, I will refund your money! Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
721 Posts
ChrisLD,
Come on up to my store in Philipsburg.. I sell the Elusive Wildlife and the Night eyes lights.. You can compare then and choose for yourself which one will fit your needs..

Jeremiah

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to come take a look at both night eyes and xlr100, how far from butler are you jeremiah? I need some other things from you anyhow...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeremiah, just mapquested it you are 140 miles from me. Thats to far to drive. Which one works better for scanning? The kill light 100 or the night eyes? Looking for a flat out answer here. About to make the order, and I know noone that has tried both other than you

·
Registered
721 Posts
Chris,
If your in Butler like your avitar suggest then you are only about 1 and 1/2 hours from me...

It all depends on what you want in a light....
The night eyes is a dedicated scan light with a elastic head band..

The Xlr100 scanning kit can be used as a head mounted scanner it a hand held scanner or a shotgun light or a plain flashlight.

Both are great lights, but it all comes down to what you want in a light!

Jeremiah

·
Registered
18,422 Posts
turkeyhunter94 said:
Also look at the tri tronics night razor
Only problem with that light is it isn't a red LED. You have to put a red filter over it which will diminish the distance by 1/4 - 1/2.
For scanning only go with the Night Eyes Headlamp or Coyote Light Headlamp. I have one of both. Haven't done any testing/hunting yet with the Night Eyes but it seems very solid.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I use a Noxx red dagger light for scanning. its under 50$ and it was my dedicated gun light wich ot worked very well. I got a xlr250 kill light at a gun show so now i scan on half power. check it out

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I purchased the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Carnivore 5</span></span> for $112 (included shipping).
Extra batteries, charger and mount included.
Priced right, very clear, very bright, red lens and wide beam.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Carnivore 5</span></span> is very new to the marketplace and should be a top seller for we predator hunters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts