The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i had bought a BSA sweet 223 for my savage edge.. learned the hard way you get what you pay for, scope was around 120 and a complete P.O.S. looking too spend about 300 and under for a scope. was hoping to find a turret style scope to adjust for long shots. any suggestions? id appreciate it!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
nikon 6-18-40 comes with turrets. lifetime warranty and it should be around your ballpark price. ive picked on of them up for under 300 on ebay new in package.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you talking about the M-223?.. i had priced that scope and the 3x12 runs for about 430.. little out of my price range

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You should define a "long shot". With a proper zero and a mil-dot or ballistic reticle you can get to 400yds with a .223 without spinning turrets.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Get a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 with the ballistic Plex reticle......you will be impressed......
Burris

·
Registered
264 Posts
Spinning turrets is out dated, go MIL-DOT, go with Buck master 4 1/2 - 14 with 3 Turrets, # 1 side focus #2 & #3 Elevation and Windage. I Click and use the Mil- dot On my .223 Space Gun with 80 Grain Bullets. Mil-dot set up to 450 Yards, then I can click up to zero at 450 then Mil-dot to 900 Yards that's all Folks for the .223. With the Big Fifty's Snipers click up as many as "5" times from 500 to 2500 yards and beyond. This will not happen with any other "Outdated Reticle."

·
Registered
715 Posts
Spinning Turrets isn't out dated! You cannot be nearly as precise with MIL-DOT as you can by dialing turrets. Everyone I know that shoots competition uses turrets and no one I know uses MIL-DOT. They each have there own discipline, and every shooter has his own preference

·
Banned
751 Posts
if you are looking for inexpensive but very useable natchezss has wohali 6x24x44 with ao for 44.95 and 8x32x44 for 49.95. they are not great glass, but they are not bad either and on a 223 would work perfect. they have almost 4 inches of eye relief and are pretty clear. i own 4 of them, 2 of each.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I shoot Comp. with Iron's, Scope Turrets at long range, For G-Hogs Mostly Dots, For moving Yotes Dot's, The Man said He uses BOTH !!! And so do I.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts