The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had this in my trap today. The bird has a little rash on his foot but he'll live. Back on the pond and the set moved

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Good stuff. If anyone ever shoots that bird, they are going to wonder what happened to its foot.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've shot some ducks that I was puzzled by what happened to their foot. I always assumed a snapper got em at some point or something. Perhaps it was you sir. That's pretty cool

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ducks are notorious for getting in muskrats leg traps. I don't know how many times I've had to search for missing traps that ducks have drug up or down the creek. You'd be amazed on how strong they are to drag a rock as far as they do.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
quakbak said:
Ducks are notorious for getting in muskrats leg traps. I don't know how many times I've had to search for missing traps that ducks have drug up or down the creek. You'd be amazed on how strong they are to drag a rock as far as they do.
Yeah, I do some muskrat trapping for clients when they're causing bank erosion or something on their ponds, but I'm super careful about using footholds or even body grips where ducks can get to them. Last thing I need is to get calls from board members about ducks in traps on their ponds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts