The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That's awesome congrats, would like to get a pair but haven't brought myself to pay that much for shades yet.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Trout 2003 said:
what are you wearing!??????

hahaha
You know, normally when I see a topic like this posted on a website where no background information is given and it is up to the reader to try to figure it out, I just close the topic and move on.

This time I was interested because I enjoy grousedog20's photography.

So, I chased the link. I got nowhere with the link because there was no further explanation in Facebook that I could readily find.

So...I asked a few questions. Is there something wrong with that?

I was sincerely interested but next time I'll just close the topic and move on. I learned nothing from this topic other than that grousedog20 won a some contest. It just would have been nice to learn more.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I had a full day of checking trail cameras and playing matchbox cars with the little guy!

So the contest was run by the Outdoor Channel and Costa Sunglasses on Instagram. You just had to tag your picture with #whatgetsyououtdoors and #costakicksplastic. I think that they just picked random winners, but I am going to tell myself that they liked the picture! I won a prize package worth over $250 from Costa Sunglasses, just not sure what that is yet, they are going to get in touch with me this week...could be a whole bunch of window decals for all I know!

And Trout2003...I am wearing waders, duh!! ;-)

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
You know, normally when I see a topic like this posted on a website where no background information is given and it is up to the reader to try to figure it out, I just close the topic and move on.

So, I chased the link. I got nowhere with the link because there was no further explanation in Facebook that I could readily find.

I was sincerely interested but next time I'll just close the topic and move on. I learned nothing from this topic other than that grousedog20 won a some contest. It just would have been nice to learn more.
Did you have an ornery day yesterday Frank ? I'm typically the dull knife in the drawer, and I figures out by reading his initial post, and looking at the pic, that he submitted his photo in a contest held by The Outdoor Channel, and won a pair o sunglasses donated by some company named Costa's.
I also think "Trout" was simply putting a spin on a State Farm commercial, and directed to grousedog ? Perhaps you were overthinking this thread ?

·
20,120 Posts
FrankTroutAngler said:
Trout 2003 said:
what are you wearing!??????

hahaha

No Frank haha. I just thought it was something funny to add. Nothing more nothing less. I'm curious about all your questions too. Sorry it read the wrong way there.

In the future though for your internet forum edification when people add smileys, haha's, lol's, and other things like that it generally means they are being light hearted and jovial in the post. It usually means they are trying to be positive in nature or at worst jokingly 'busting stones'. Since we can't hear inflection in typed words it's sort of a forum form of letting someone know where they are coming from.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts