The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks have passed since the last update and the powerplant is coming along despite the lack of rain. The deer, rabbits, and another groundhog have been clobbering the beans/peas as well as the clover. It took me awhile but I finally took care of the groundhog last night with the PSE. Center mass at 42 yards.

This is the standard picture for the week. Corn and sorghum are doing good although i will be surprised if the corn gives me any ears. There are beans left in the plot although the majority are browsed. The good thing is I am able to find lots of plants that have been browsed and recovered. The lab lab looks like it came in strong but not the preferred forage. There a few plants that are starting to vine at the end and climb the sorghum. I think these are the IC cowpeas but im not sure. any ideas? The sunflowers are all browsed and all that is left is a stalk here and there.

This is what most of my clover looks like right now. As you can see, the blooms are dry and brown and it has been browsed pretty good. So good in fact, no mowing is necessary. At the beginning of the month is was easily 8 inches high. Now its maybe 3-4. One question though is the red leaves. Is this a sign of disease or lack of a nutrient?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Isn't a red leaf a sign of Boron deficiency? Or it just could be that its in need of rain.

I thought Lab Lab was the one that climbed other plants? Maybe it is the peas. It looks like peas, but then, I thought LabLab looked like a pea as well.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lablab is a pea. and ironically cowpeas are actually a bean. I may have the two plants mixed up. Im new to this. ill do some research and figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.