The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a message recently on this site requesting information about Long Range Mt. Outfitters in Newfoundland. I have been trouble getting a refund from the owner, Sharon Biggins, who in Jan. 2017 said she'd refund my 2K deposit I paid for a moose hunt in Oct. 2017. Her website, such as it is, says there is no refunds on deposits. Biggins assured me, after multiple attempts to contact her, she would refund my deposit. This was two months ago. Now she will not answer her phone, her voice message box is full and she will not reply to a text. Can anyone give me information about this outfit? I booked the hunt via an ex-friend. He did the supposed research on the outfit. I am starting to smell a rat, maybe.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
We hunted with LRM this past fall, we had a good time although not a particularly successful hunt. As far as our dealings with Sharon, everything went fine and I have no reason to believe that she is a dishonest person in any way. I can't help you get in contact with her but I suspect she is currently traveling due to the show season and that may be the reason you haven't heard from her. I can tell you that she's been in business for a long time, so I'm sure you are not a victim of anything like a bait and switch if that's what you're thinking.

That said, it is standard in the outfitting industry to not give refunds, although almost all will let you apply the amount to a future hunt. Since she personally told you that she would give a refund though, hopefully you will hear from her and you'll get your money back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts