The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Long Offseason - Photos of Montana 2012 Hunt

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ANTLERKING 
#1 ·
Finally made the trip west last year and reading about folks going out I thought I'd share some photos. Fortunate enough to go out with my dad and my 5 year old Brittany. Sharptails were wearing Kevlar but I did manage to take my first wild pheasant. The photos don't do it justice and although we didn't kill a bunch of birds, it was probably the most rewarding road trip to date. Can't wait to go back.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for posting the great photos! Gets me even more excited than I already was. I'm heading out there on or about the 12th and will stay for five weeks or so. Some buddies who are already there are lamenting the loss of CRP. Some of their favorite spots are either poisoned or plowed under.

#8 ·
Last year was really tough with the loss of CRP combined with the drought where additional grasses were just not there. We did find lots of shrptails but they get very skiddish later in the season near the pheasant opener compared to early September when they open. Find the CRP and you'll find the sharpies. Pheasants were not as difficult to find. Good luck.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.