The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
That's good Hern anytime you catch your target animal on the first night but to do it on a fisher that roams around so unpredictable an only comes through maybe once a week, well that's next level good haha congrats. Can't wait to see your pic with the next one.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I didnt take any extra traps with me this morning while checking my sets, if i have time later today i found some nice hollow logs i would like to put a few sets in. I know there are lots of fishers and bobcats in the area but man its been dead this last week in my area for predators.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Partner and I pulled our Fisher sets Sunday. 6 traps, 4 Fisher, 8 checks.
We wanted to stay for a Bobcat but no sign and didn't want to release more Fisher.

One day we had snow overnight and had Big Foot cruise thru. Huge male Fisher track went thru the property but never got close to our sets.
Male Fisher track-
Snow Font Rectangle Jewellery Fashion accessory

Here's partner remaking a set, after a release
Snow Automotive tire Natural environment Branch Mammal

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is the first year I used a hollow log and without bait I caught 2 feral cats.. Just a matter of time before a BC comes by to check it out also I am guessing.. Must just be that eye appeal to them also.. Good job....

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
where do you buy the fisher boards i want a female board and male board for when I go on a fisher trapping trip
Got my Fisher boards from Leroy Reno, Juniata Trapper Supply. 717-436-5577. Mifflintown area.
Leroy makes boards for all species of furbearers and great fleshing beams.

Craig Todaro no longer makes fur boards. My Fox & Coon boards are from Craig. First class guy w/ first class product.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts