The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent the weekend at our daughters in ohio this weekend and decided to go over to the log cabin gun shop. i have bought stuff from them for 30+ years and never had the chance to visit their store. well worth the hour drive to get there. "overwelmed" is all i can say! the place is amazing. stocked up on everything i thought i needed and then some. really nice folks too.they also have alot of original guns on display. i'll have to take my camera next time. if you are ever in the area, it is worth the time to stop in.

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
Dixie Gun Works had a open showroom and warehouse years ago when Turner Kirkland was still alive. One summer vacation, I made it as far as Nashville, but couldn't persuade the family to go the 150 miles further to Dixie's shop.

I have purchased items from the Log Cabin Shop when they set up a stand at the Eastern. I wondered what kind of shop they had. (I wonder the same about TOW too)

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
In the 70's, early 80's our crew went to Friendship every year, it always included a stop at Log Cabin.

All the parts for one of my flinters came from there.

Only problem I ever had was changing my shirt after I went out to door as it was usually soaked from me slobbering over all the goodies and gee gaws that they had in the shop.

Some years we would go out in Jan. to get the makings for whatever our "itch" was at the time.

Really great folks to deal with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts