The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Remington Model 700, .300 Win mag with a H.S. Precision stock and I am shooting IMR 4350 Powder with 165 gr. Hornady Interbond bullets. I am not coming up with any consistent groups. Any one have any loads with the same gun that they have had success with?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have heard that some guns are real finicky when it comes to shooting the Interbond Bullets.

If you wanna stick to a bullet similar in cost to the Interbond, you might wanna try the Accubonds out by Nosler.

I have had alot of success shooting Barnes Bullets out of my .300 Win Mag. I have shot great groups with the 130gr TTSX using IMR 4350, 165gr TSX using IMR 4831, and 180gr TSX using IMR 4831. I am a huge Barnes fan. Every gun I have tried them in has produced excellent accuracy.

If it were me, I would spend the extra money for the Barnes Bullets and not look back.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I use 73 gr of IMR 4350 with Hornady 165 gr bt's. These are interlocks not interbonds. 73 gr is a hot load according to some books but the 3 rifles I have loaded for handled them with no excess pressure signs, all 700's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts