The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see PaPredator has 'fowl fighters pro staff' in his signature.

I've never been one to admire a pro staffer for being waterfowl pro staff that isn't directly associated with a company that makes gear.

So, I googled it and found out that the majority of these guys are EMT and firefighters, or somehow serving the community. I recognized a few names, Mike, steven...

While I don't normally think it's cool, I think these guys might just be a pretty good group and the ties they have are without a doubt admirable.

I won't look at anybody with fowlfighters in their sig the same way as I once assumed I should.

Are any of you guys, with non company pro staffs in your sig, doing something like these guys? What makes your group what it is? Is it something on par with what these guys share?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, i just wish more of it came during legal shooting times... not like it would matter this year.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw 2 ducks yesterday, I killed one of them. I didn't think it could ever be worse than last year... boy, was I wrong. I'm about 35 ducks shy of where i was last year at this time.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I used to be a volunteer fireman for years. Now I'm a nurse and a CPR/first aid instructor at a youth residential treatment facility for at risk teenage boys. I almost picked up a FolwFighters edition LMC call a couple years back. Wish I would have!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
The awesome thing about the fowlfighters group is that they aim to make a difference. If you didn't notice, a portion of there sales go to the Shriner's Hospital. Additionally, they work with Hunters Helping Soldiers. In fact, I am gathering ideas right now to help a local family raise money to build a specially designed home for their Son who was seriously wounded overseas. I am thinking of doing a sporting clays shoot or maybe a Turkey Hunting Contest. If anyone has any good ideas shoot them my way.

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/youral...k#axzz2FYADck6G

Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
To join they Blue Bill Boyz.... Since I am the founding member.... All you have to do is go hunting with me....use my boat and layout.... Fire my gun and shells.... Then get in your truck/car and head home.... Don't worry about handing me gas money or money for the shells... My buddies don't....its that easy...lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh yeah... then leave me with all the ducks/geese to clean.... forgot that one

·
Registered
389 Posts
oh yeah and don't come up with one hunting spot...really on me to do all the scouting and asking for permission.... just show up after i set all the decoys... shoot..... then take off because you have something to do at 10:00 am.... You don't have to own any deks.... just let me spend my hard earned money....

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
mightyjoeyoung said:
And that folks is the mother of all thread high jacks. Way to go chute.
Yeah, i thought the same thing. He must be really bored at work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts