The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had about an hour shooting session with my enforcer and new victory bolts (which fly and group awesome) but there was a good bit of adjusting from the beman thunderbolts I was shooting prior.

I've run out of right adjustment on my hawke scope luckily the last few clicks brought my group dead center, however if I have an issue with broad heads shooting to the left I’m going to be screwed, any suggestions would be very appreciated

Thanks

Cody

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I don't do crossbows, so I am no help but I see Happy Birthday is in order

·
Registered
974 Posts
Don't know much about crossbows either, but if they are anything like a bow check to make sure they are spined right for you poundage. Good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It depends on what type of rings the scope uses but you could use a windage adj ring to move the scope and get your adjustments back to center. Check to make sure the rings are on properly. we just had one that was out of adj. but ends up that the ring wasnt seated right. Take it back where you bought it and have them look at it. If they know anything they should be able to fix it or send it back.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The first thing to check is if your scope is properly mounted on your crossbow. Something is clearly wrong if you ran out of right adjustment. Did you not read the stickers all over your crossbow and in your manual that said shoot only parker or red hott bolts. lol
All kidding aside there is a reason the manufature suggests that bolt. Hawke worked closely with Parker to manufacture a crossbow scope that would work perfect with Parker crossbows. All of the testing was done with Red Hott and Parker bolts. That's just one of the many reasons why you should be shooting them. 10 clicks equals 1 inch at twenty yards. There is a good possibility that you are used to sighting in rifle scopes and not crossbow scopes. Crossbow scopes require alot more movement of the dial to produce a reaction on the paper. You propably have more movement to the right that you think available in the scope. This video should help you
http://www.youtube.com/ParkerBowsOfficial#p/u/22/WSbbTlaFIMk

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I use red dot on my x-bows. love them.

Simple, just shim the mount between the base and the ring. use aluminum foil folded to proper thicknes, tighten hard

·
Registered
19,563 Posts
Your set up should not need the the scopes adjustment maxed out. I would recheck the base to make sure it it tight and eyeball the alignment in relation to the barrel.

Scopes perform best when their adjustments are as close to center as possible. Worst case scenario buy a set of windage adjustable rings and use the rings to adjust yor windage to get it close than then scope for fine tuning.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Happy Birthday. If I remember correctly, you have the Hawke MAP scope. It shouldn't be out of adjustment. I could send you a spare for you to try if you want. Double check the mounts.
The Parker Crosspro 100 FX fly to the same point of impact as our feild points with the Victory. Youshould still be OK with that combination. However, I 'm thinking there is an issue with the optics.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NL,
I realize that crossbow scopes require alot more movement of the dial, however its out of adjustment when it wont turn anymore I'm guessing thats what that means!!

anyways

I looked over the mounts and everything seems good, its grouping awsome I just cant get it to the right anymore, arrowhead your correct I do have the MAP scope

1 - 13 of 13 Posts