The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know much about wild mushrooms.
does anyone know what this one is?



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks and wow!
try it twice??????


Omphalotus olearius, commonly known as the jack-o'-lantern mushroom, is an orange- to yellow-gill mushroom that to an untrained eye appears similar to some chanterelles, and is most notable for its bioluminescent properties. Unlike the chanterelle, the Jack o'Lantern mushroom is poisonous. While not lethal, consuming this mushroom leads to very severe cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. Complicating its toxicity is the fact that it smells and looks very appealing, to the extent that there are reports of repeat poisonings from individuals who were tempted to try them a second time.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top