The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot a doe at 10 am looked a littl high and a little far back the arrow passed threw not alot of blood on it found white hair her first couple steps then about 20 yrds till i found a steady lighter blood trail some spots bigger than others n about 100 yrds from where i hit her she was bedded down n got up n slowly trotted off bed was full of blood.. what do you guys think i climbed back up into my stand incase a buck is cruising then about 130 or so i was gonna head back to the bed and look.. what do you guys think

·
Registered
457 Posts
No harm in waiting. Might as well sit in the stand and see what happens just might want to see what rules are on that. But if she's dead it doesn't matter if you find her at 2 or 6 tonight. Just give it time, no need to push her.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
White hair kind of eliminates the high portion of your shot visualization.
Let it bed down again. You will find it there if not pushed. I am guessing you caught the short side lung.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is the hair white white or more grey white? I agree with Deer archer that that kind of throws off the high visualization. Unless it was far enough back to catch some of the white rump hair???
Or she's a pie-bald on the opposite side!

Good luck! Take your time and keep an eye out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The fact that she bedded within 100 yds of the shot is good. If you slip back in at 4:30pm, that would give her 6+ hours from the shot. If it is a liver hit, you should be fine. If it's guts only, it's not enough time. It won't hurt to wait till morning either way.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys i went back to where i saw her bed at 230 and there she layed with her head down so i knew so was expired.. the shot was about 10 yards and i was fairly high yp this morning i hit her high and the white hair was from the arrow coming out of the bottom of the belly.. what a relief now just to put a big buck on the ground

·
Registered
211 Posts
read your book on the laws of that.. just watch ya dont wana get in any trouble but its not leagle to harvest more than one deer at a time.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Sweet. Serious relief every deer I have ever found. Get burned once and you will practice your shooting a little extra each time. The time between shot and recovery is always heart pounding.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts