The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LBM AKA Little Brown Mushrooms... They grow everywhere and they are hard to ID.. Some will kill you some will affect your nervous system and your brains...LBM's just stay away from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
I will agree with that. Last fall I ate one and then an hour later had a beer. I went completely out and was rushed to the hospital via ambulance. They finally got me to throw up and I felt better. I have quit eating any wild mushrooms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure if you have a toddler outside that they don't eat any kind of mushrooms... Kids are always putting things in their mouths...There is a deadly Lawn Galerina mushroom that if eaten causes death...It's one of those LBM I posted about...
Even Amanitas when they rot they kind of smell like dead meat. Dogs eats these amanitas and die...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galerina
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top