The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of vendors and celebrities not going to the Harrisburg show because of the gun ban.
Please add to the list if you hear about more not attending.
Cabelas
Blaine Anthony
Boondock Outdoors
Trop Gun Shop
DuckWater Boats Dover Ohio
Lancaster Archery Supply
Nature Blinds, LLC
Whitetail Bosses
Domari Nolo Defense Consulting
Wired Outdoors
Atlantic Tactical
Direct Action Tactical Firearms
Cutting Edge Bullets
Dead Ringer
Kinsey's Outdoors
Open Season TV
X- Stand Treestands
HookHunt
Full Circle Outdoors
Hunters and Guides Connection
Alaska's Ravencroft Lodge
Cross Canyon Arms
Fred Eichler - Fulldraw Outfitters
Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo - Archers Choice Media
Zook Cabins
Warmbag
Mountain Dog Chews
Dominator 365
Midwest Whitetail Adventures
Arrowhead outdoors
My Northeast Outdoors
CanCooker
Northern Hideaway Outfitters
2 Million Bullets
Firearms Industry Consulting Group
Keystone Country Store

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Getting a solid list of those pulling out of the show is tough and piecemeal. Time consuming as all heck too.

If anyone has an in or a source of accurate timely info - let me know. I will compile a list of exhibitors with web links so we can support them now and throughout the year.

A lot of the small exhibitors are going to take a huge hit in the wallet over this. It is far more than booth rent. They order inventory in bulk for the show and leverage the business itself in the process.

We have members with sources here on HPA - I ask that we exercise those sources to aid those that made a stand in our behalf.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Major League Bowhunter
26 minutes ago
Due to the recent changes in policies made by the "Reed Exhibition Center" in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania "Major League Bowhunter" has withdrawn from the Eastern Outdoor Show. We know there will be some disappointed people who were planning on attending the show to come by & see us but we trust that you will respect and understand our decision and make plans to come see us somewhere in the future! Thanks to all of you that have shown such amazing support for our decision!

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Updated list of people pulling out of ESOS:

2 Million Bullets
Alaska’s Ravencroft Lodge
Arrowhead Outdoors
Athens Archery
Atlantic Tactical
Blaine Anthony, The Bear Whisperer
Bob Mercier
Boondock Outdoors
Cabela’s
CanCooker
Cross Canyon Arms
Cutting Edge Bullets
Dead Ringer
Direct Action Tactical Firearms
Domari Nolo Defense Consulting
Dominator 365
Droptine Outfitters
DuckWater Boats
Firearms Industry Consulting Group
Fred Eichler – Fulldraw Outfitters
Full Circle Outdoors
HookHunt
Hunters and Guides Connection
Hunters Safety Systems
Kinsey’s Outdoors
Keystone Country Store
Lancaster Archery Supply
Major League Bowhunter
Midwest Whitetail Adventures
Mountain Dog Chews
Nature Blinds, LLC
Northern Hideaway Outfitters
Northern Outdoor Lodge
Open Season TV
Trop Gun Shop
Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo – Archers Choice
Stokerized Stabilizers
The Warmbag
Whitetail Bosses
Wired Outdoors
Woodcock Limited of Pennsylvania
Wyvern Creations
X- Stand Treestands
Zook Cabins

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold">Statement from Bob Mercier</span>

"I (Bob J. Mercier) have withdrawn from the ESOS show, because I side with the American people who have the constitutional right to bear arms, and to protect our freedom.
For the record, I was wrongfully accused of backing the ESOS when a supporter of the boycott, asked me if I was intending on showing up, in light of REED EXHIBITIONS statement banning certain guns and accessories, and with the fact that vendors that uphold our constitution were backing out. At the time, I had not heard anything about the show making any statement of any sort, and I inadvertently answered the email, with “who are you, and why are you asking me to boycott this show that I am a speaker at”. I should not have answered the email at that point. It was my mistake, and now I am being slammed on facebook for saying I would still be going. I did not have all the facts, and now I do. I have read everything that REEDS EXHIBITIONS has posted publically on this subject, and I strongly disapprove of their decision. I am a law abiding gun owner, and I will fight for my right to own guns as a legal law abiding citizen, until the day I die.
It took me a few days to see what the boycott was based on, and now I see it clearly. I have read the statement and I see it as an infringement on my right and your right to bear arms, and to sell legal firearms and accessories at a sports show.
I am not happy that I have been receiving hate mail for not taking a stand, or for not wanting to get involved, so I shut off my facebook page to prevent unwanted vulgar comments from being posted. I am a nice guy, and I deserve to be treated with respect just as you do.
By boycotting the ESOS for its stand against gun owners, and the rights of law abiding American citizens, selling guns at this show and other shows, I am standing up for my freedom, and the freedom of all Americans, who will stand up against actions such as this.
I regretfully need to apologize to the customers who were looking forward to meeting me at the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in 2013. I feel like I am letting them down. Due to the circumstances we are dealing with, I hope you understand why I am not going to be there.
I hope some good will come of this effort us vendors and EXPERT GUESTS are making. It was not fair for REEDS EXHIBITIONS to make changes to the overall event, without giving us vendors and speakers a choice to withdraw with no money owed, ahead of time. I have done what is right for me, by backing out today. Like it or not!
Respectfully,
Bob J. Mercier – Owner of MINDFUL OF NATURE LLC
Inventor of the DOMINANCE IS EVERYTHING Deer Hunting System
www.dominanceiseverything.com"

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic">Statement from Bob Mercier

"I (Bob J. Mercier) have withdrawn from the ESOS show, because I side with the American people who have the constitutional right to bear arms, and to protect our freedom.
For the record, I was wrongfully accused of backing the ESOS when a supporter of the boycott, asked me if I was intending on showing up, in light of REED EXHIBITIONS statement banning certain guns and accessories.......</span>

This isn't easy stuff guys.

Not everyone is as "connected" as we are.

In the end, I expect nearly everyone of the expert and celeb folks to not attend. As more and more take that stand, the others will fall in line. As true, some are likely just getting the word and will be making decisions.

Respectful and polite inquiries should be our hallmark. Doing so does not diminish our message or positions.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Hunters Safety Systems Statement:

"It has always been the mission of Hunter Safety System to keep our hunting community safe in the field. We define our community as our friends, family and partners that uphold the ideas of what our forefathers gave us in the Bill of Rights. And today we stand with our community.

With the recent announcement by Reed Exhibition to ban certain firearms and magazines, we cannot support the Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania unless they reverse their decision. We are strong supporters our our rights and especially our second amendment rights.

"We regret that we will not have the opportunity to talk to attendees and promote in-field safety, but hopefully our voice will be spread by the company in which we stand."

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Wow guys this is great. Keep getting vendors to boycott! The people that want to go there to protest, please don't spend money on parking! We should set up a shuttle somehow so protestors outside don't feed ESOS parking money.

1 - 20 of 474 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.