The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had been a number of years since I hunted w/ the flintlock. I got offered to hunt w/ a group of guys and I would love to. However, in the past I know you needed to get the tag before the season started and I am not sure how the early season affects that. Is it to late to get a tag?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Do you have a regular hunting license now? If yes, go to the store and by the ML tag. If no you will need to buy both.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Agreed. In the past you had to buy your ML tag before a certain date (don't recall the exact date) but now you can pick them up anytime. I never understood why you had to pick up your ML tag before a certain date but you could get your archery tag whenever....
PA-Joe said:
Do you have a regular hunting license now? If yes, go to the store and by the ML tag. If no you will need to buy both.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have a backtag just not a ML I will got to the shop today or tomorrow for a tag

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I believe in the past it was because ML had to forfeit their doe app (back when it was one doe tag a year by county). They didn't want people sending for a doe tag and using their bucktag for a doe late season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts