The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever use plot start by deergro? Its supposed to start changing the PH right away

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think this was asked before. The short answer is, it works, but it's way more expensive by lb. I tried out a liquid lime product on my yard, and it was a PAIN to spray, unless you have a sprayer with an agitator.

I've put this down on my lawn and food plots. More expensive than lime, but it works faster. We have a few small woods plots that now have a pH of 7 thanks to this stuff. I get it at the local landscape supply yard. (Pro's only)
Solu-Cal | Enhanced Calcitic Lime for Optimal Soil pH | Home

There's a wildlife brochure too.
http://www.solu-cal.com/products-wildlife.php

·
Registered
12,253 Posts
I think this was asked before. The short answer is, it works, but it's way more expensive by lb. I tried out a liquid lime product on my yard, and it was a PAIN to spray, unless you have a sprayer with an agitator.

I've put this down on my lawn and food plots. More expensive than lime, but it works faster. We have a few small woods plots that now have a pH of 7 thanks to this stuff. I get it at the local landscape supply yard. (Pro's only)
Solu-Cal | Enhanced Calcitic Lime for Optimal Soil pH | Home

There's a wildlife brochure too.
Solu-Cal | Products for Wildlife Plots | Wildlife Plot Products

When you say expensive, just how expensive per gallon roughly. I see that 10 gallon per acre is equal to 1 TN per acre of lime. I am just thinking that it may be easier to carry in 10 gallons of this stuff to a remote plot than get 1 TN of pelletized lime back there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The folks who commented before said that 10 gallons isn't equivalent to a ton of ag lime.

Think about it. If it was, why would farmers ever use ag lime.. It would be way easier to spray this stuff.

Read the second to last paragraph.
https://www.buckmasters.com/Hunting/Land-Management/Articles/ID/494/Dolomitic-Lime-Your-Best-Food-Plot-Friend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts