The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who I can get to deliver a truck load of Ag lime near Montoursville, PA? (Cascade Township) I tried Kemplers, but they can't accommodate new customers. :( Looking for a late April or early May delivery. (We have a big lime spreader, so a large quantity shouldn't be an issue)

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
try the old Agway in Winfield , off rt. 15 going north from Hummels Wharf. I believe it is a Cargill plant now. or they can tell you of somebody . Also try Furmans Grain at phone number 570-649-5579. hope this helps.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try the old Agway in Winfield , off rt. 15 going north from Hummels Wharf. I believe it is a Cargill plant now. or they can tell you of somebody . Also try Formans Grain at phone number 570-649-5579. hope this helps.
Thanks! Is this the same as Risser Grain? Internet searches are mixing the two. Was there a name change at some point?

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
It might be , not exactly sure but both would be worth a try. Also there might be a place near rt 80 and 180 interchange heading toward the Lycoming Valley Mall on the left hand side . either a fertilizer company or farm machinery company. they would be a try as well.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
RGrizzzz , also try a local stone quarry that sells lime. Try New Enterprize in Winfield. phone number 570-524- 2251. if not they might be able to tell you where you could get some.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
P Stone is in Jersey shore. They're set up to get us a delivery. Those other places mentioned are pretty far. Thanks all! I also reached out to the local NRCS office, and they helped with the recommendation.

Kepner's is in Muncy, but they weren't taking new customers. (Near the Mall)

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is a job, how did you get it spread? looking to get mine spread late next week if the weather forecast holds true. It's usually a pain in the backside but the results are worth the trouble

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a job, how did you get it spread? looking to get mine spread late next week if the weather forecast holds true. It's usually a pain in the backside but the results are worth the trouble
It was a two man job. We used an old 10' lime/fertilizer spreader, which we pulled with a Polaris. It was a chore to turn in some of the smaller plots and get into a few places. The other guy filled the spreader via the tractor bucket. In a few places we loaded 5 gallon buckets to conserve trips between the pile and the plots. The lime was SLIGHTLY damp, and stuck to the sides of the lime spreader some, so about twice per load we had to scrape it down/off the walls of the spreader. All in all, that's one large project I hope to never have to do again. The plan is future maintenance with pelletized lime and the 3 pt spreader.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts