The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of adding a set of limbsavers to my Storm Rdx. Just wondering if anyone has done it before, and if so, what were the results? Do they really quiet the bow? and do they really help to protect the limbs?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I use sound suppressing devices on most of my crossbows but I don't believe they reduce noise that much or protect the limbs. I think the greatest benefit is reduced vibration during the shot. Reduced vibration just feels better and the shot noise changes, not in volume but in tone. Not so "twangy".

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I agree with the above as well. I also use dampers on the strings as well as limbs

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, in your opinion, should I put a set of limbsavers on my Storm Rdx? or is there something better that I should look into?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
IMO, this is the best kit out there. Made by BowJax. I don't use the string dampeners though. The limb, stirrup, and retention arm dampeners are great.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool. and that kit on ebay is only $35..... Coarse I wish I had seen this post before I ordered the 12 rage hyprodermic broadheads for $25 on ebay..... now I just have to wait till I put more $ on my card....lol

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have bow jax on my wicked ridge. Not a lot quieter but a little. Definitely help the thank sound and absorbs the vibration.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Majik Man said:
Cool. and that kit on ebay is only $35..... Coarse I wish I had seen this post before I ordered the 12 rage hyprodermic broadheads for $25 on ebay..... now I just have to wait till I put more $ on my card....lol
there are alot of knock off broadheads on ebay. 12 rage for 25 buck sounds fishy.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true, but here's to hopeing...... lol.... so long as they actually work the same I guess. guy has a 99 percent satisfaction rating.

·
Registered
23,162 Posts
i use the limbsavers on my crossbow and think they offer a noise reduction and they do lessen the vibrations. they use to have a product that replaced the limb bolts and acted as dampeners.

i placed those on my crossbow as well. Limbsaver products are worth using. i have a barrel deresonator on my 30-06 and it has actually tightened my group with factory ammo.

works the same as the browning boss system.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Majik Man said:
true, but here's to hopeing...... lol.... so long as they actually work the same I guess. guy has a 99 percent satisfaction rating.
ya im just saying they are not rage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts