The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a precision fit limbsaver recoil pad on my marlin 336 30-30. I'll give the fit a 3 out of 5 stars. I like the ease of putting it on, but the fit is only so-so. I bet I'll like it more when i shoot it and the less recoil, plus i hate hard butt plates. I like to be able to lean my gun without them sliding. If i knew the fit was the way it was, I'd get the slip on style. What are your experiences with Limbsaver and Pachmayer pads?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I have a few Limbsaver pads on various rifles and shotguns. Each one fit very well and work better than any other pad I have tried.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I have a R-3 from Remington which is made by Limbsaver for Rem. They fit perfect on any Rem. synthetic stock I put it on my 300rum and it was so nice i put one on my 870 3" mag. Didn't think 30.30 kicked that much but if it helps you great....later

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
I put one on my Tikka T3 .30-06 when I got it. It fit well and really helps with recoil.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
They really do reduce the felt recoil significantly. I just worry about them snagging on my jacket when I shoulder my rifle quickly due to their soft rubber.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Limbsaver and I am switching to a medium slip on from the precision fit I had chosen for the marlin. The so-so fit was bugging me so i decided the slip-on was the way to go, also i think it will fit my savage 111 30-06 (which really kicks hard).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts