·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions:
Do you use limb savers on your xbow?
Any kind of string silencers?
Do you feel they help?
I was wondering how well they help I don't have anything on mine but am looking to take some of the thwack out of it if possible.
My wife bought me a new wicked ridge for our anniversary really like the bow but louder than my others.
Thanks in advance and hope this is a great hunting year for all.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing. My parker f-4 I can live with it. Its not extremely loud. I'm comfortable with it. This pass weekend I shot my pse stingray compound. WOW 1st thing I said to my wife is. I wish my x bow was this quiet lol. I do have the split limb dampeners on mine. I didn't notice a difference in noise. Maybe they are more for cushioning vibration? I even have the string suppressors on mine. Maybe you can put on the string suppressors and limb dampeners, it should quiet it down some.

·
Registered
218 Posts
While its not a limbsaver product, I installed the tenpoint SDS (sound dampening system) on my tenpoint titan xtreme. I definately notice less vibration in my hands and a little less noise too. Being that you have a wicked ridge, maybe it will fit? Not sure so check it out. Mounts below the flight deck behind the riser. There's also a video on youtube showing a crossbow shot in slow motion with and without this system installed, and the difference in string oscillation is quite impressive.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
pinehunter said:
While its not a limbsaver product, I installed the tenpoint SDS (sound dampening system) on my tenpoint titan xtreme. I definately notice less vibration in my hands and a little less noise too. Being that you have a wicked ridge, maybe it will fit? Not sure so check it out. Mounts below the flight deck behind the riser. There's also a video on youtube showing a crossbow shot in slow motion with and without this system installed, and the difference in string oscillation is quite impressive.
I did the same on my Turbo XLT2 and it made a big difference...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts