The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Beautiful buck. Hope the drag was downhill!

Reactions: Pa.Bone

·
Super Moderator
3,795 Posts
Outstanding buck, congrats!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Wow, that's an absolute Hammer. Congrats to your son.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Anyone notice this deer died with his eyes closed, which is not normal. One theory I have is he went on a death run down this hill and hit a tree. Is neck and shoulder were all bruised up when we skinned him today, maybe he had some neurological damage from the fall that caused his eyes to close.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What a great morning, it turns out my son made a great hit on this buck and it only went 40 yards. He told me he thought he heard it crash, but looking at the arrow and shot sight there was zero blood and so we left. Turns out that was a great decision anyway just the amount of time we spent all morning getting him out, to a processor, and caped to comply with CWD rules. My son bought his Ohio license this year inspite of having a new baby and was planning on going to southern Ohio with me this year. Yesterday I saw we where having a NW wind and called him to go hunt an area that is brutally steep and hard to hunt because the wind swirls so bad in these steep turkey foot ravins. I was going to hunt some red oaks and he was about 150 yards from me in a tree that I've hunted several times over the years and it's just a great travel corridor for deer. This ten point was tearing up the woods yesterday and you could hear him just thrashing tree's and sort wheezed at me when I grunted at him. He traveled to my son and he could hear him making scraps along the way, and he stopped him at 20 yards and shot. The deer was slightly quartering away and the arrow exited low and back and drug some guts out the hole and must of wiped the arrow clean. Big heavy rank woods buck with 32 inches of mass and 11 inch G2's and will score in the low 150's. I couldn't be happier for him.

View attachment 160790 View attachment 160791 View attachment 160792
Nice buck congratulations 👍

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Great buck there, the body is massive, and the mass and size of that rack is just awesome. Congrats to your boy

21 - 40 of 55 Posts