The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved this today from a buddy of mine.
It's titled " My Gun"

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 870 right in the doorway. I gave it 6 shells, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign right in front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities with which it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even unloaded itself. You can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.
Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Very irresponsible, leaving a loaded gun out in the open where your kids, neighbor kids or anyone who doesn't know how to handle guns could get it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
EIGHT POINT said:
It's titled " My Gun"

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 870 right in the doorway. I gave it 6 shells, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign right in front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities with which it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even unloaded itself. You can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.
imagine that it didnt fire one round ,thats crazy!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
EIGHT POINT said:
It's titled " My Gun"

Now that I like. An inanimate object cannot hurt you.....unless you're kinda clumsy and trip over it. In that case the knot on your head and scrape on your knee would more than likely be Your fault.

When are people gonna wise up? Guns won't kill you.....The people pulling the trigger will. Cars won't kill you......The people behind the wheel will. Food won't kill you....eating too much of it will. Doctors....................They will kill you. They are the leading cause of death.....They obviously should be banned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts