The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new crossbow and I'm looking for recommendations for an illuminated scope. My crossbow shoots 380 fps. And I won't shoot a deer over 35 yds but might shoot a turkey at 50. I've looked at the Nikon bolt and hawke map but they aren't lit. I'm used to my Horton legend with the site adjustment on the Xbow with a red dot scope. The new bow doesn't do that. Do the scope mfgs. Make a red dot for the faster xbows? I've looked at the box stores locally and I haven't seen what I'm looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
18,566 Posts
I like Hawke crossbow scopes. They make several illuminated models with speed dials to adjust for the speed of your bow. Not sure what you want to spend but the XB30 Pro is very nice at $250. The XB 3X32 is illuminated and about $140.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
my dad has a crossbow from Tenpoint it has a lighted scope on it with the Tenpoint logo on it. it has three pins in it for 10, 20, 30 yards, not sure on the fps

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hawke makes the Trophy Ridge scopes and on ebay they sell for $115-130 range through Focus camera.

It's very comparable to the XB Pro...only difference is the reticle is different, but it has the speedcomp feature.

I bought my XB Pro for $230 than saw the Trophy Ridge one for $115. I'll probably pick one up as it's a bargain at that price point.

I don't like the stupid BDC on Nikon scopes...they block too much of the target and I find the reticle to be useless.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
my dad has a crossbow from Tenpoint it has a lighted scope on it with the Tenpoint logo on it. it has three pins in it for 10, 20, 30 yards, not sure on the fps
I Have that same TenPoint Pro model simple not confusing reticle I've had zero issues with it.. IF I was to upgrade a variable power scope would be nice.. my scope has only 1x power deer do look smaller a bit in the field of view

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,I've decided on a trophy ridge xv530ir. I'm waiting on its arrival. The price was$115 delivered. We'll see if my choice pays off. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I purcahsed a SA SPORT model 550 for $54.00......It's very clear, crisp and illuminated.....I really like it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts