The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Wife likes to hunt with me with our TP Turbo GT. She wanted us to try the lighted nocks so I purchased a 3 pack of the Ten Point bolts with the lighted Omni nocks to try. For some reason they don't seem to group worth crap? I don't have an issue with either the standard TP or Victory bolts grouping....real head scratcher?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
You may have to add some weight to the front to restore the FOC to where it was? All lighted nocks are much heavier than just plain plastic. Try brass inserts or the next weight up in heads.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i have shot the lighted nocks out of a ten point venom for a few years with no difference in how they shot. bought a new ten point carbon phantom rcx this year.they also group the same. i dont think that there is a big weight difference.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I shoot the tp omni lighted knocks out of my tp vapor with no grouping issues.

Arrowhead made me up some victory bolts with brass inserts with inter changeable nocks.

Only issue I have with the omni nocks is that if I don't remove them when walking thru the woods thru brush I tend to loose one now and then.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Only issue I have with the omni nocks is that if I don't remove them when walking thru the woods thru brush I tend to loose one now and then.
I had problems with the tenpoint lighted nocks getting ejected off the arrow on impact, last year. Not planning on using them this year.

I didn't have any problems with grouping last year, though. The lighted nocks did change the point of impact, so I had to sight in my scope again, but they were consistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts