Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about using a lighted nock this year just for something different
Either coyote lumenock or eastons tracer
Lumenock seems much brighter

I was wondering if anyone here had opinions on the subject

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
i have been reading and hearing first hand awesome reviews from nockturnal lighted nocks from double take archery. They are about 20 grains which isn't much more than a standard nock so your impact point should be very far off and they are cheaper than the other that are on the market.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Double take has been bombarding forums trying to puuussssshhhhh their product.

Make your own, it's cheap and easy and they will work better than any of the major brands. I wonder how long it will take for these companies to make something that has quality like we can make in 5 minutes?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spur I don't have time to see what time it is let alone make my own nocks

I did some searching on AT and nockturnals look good...
Gonna go try youtube vids

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'll make 2 of them for you, $12 TYD then. Don't give your money to them greedy outsourcing companies.

·
Registered
216 Posts
im a goyote fan. tried the eastons last year, you may as well shoot standard knocks. they are not bright the only time you can see them is in the last few minutes of light. coyotes are very bright and do not change arrow flight. havent messed with nocturnal yet.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
The only ones I have experience with are lumenocks. In the last hour of legal hunting it is hard for me to see the where the arrow exactly impacts the deer, the lumenocks were definetly bright enough that I was able to see the arrow hit behind the shoulder and pass through and then after I waited a while, when I climbed down from my stand it was dark, it was very easy to see the lumenock and walk straight to my arrow instead of searching, I had seen the deer run to the edge of a woodline so I carried the arrow to where I last saw the deer enter the woods took off the broadhead and stuck it in the ground, I came back several hours later with my buddy it was very dark out, but the lumenock was very bright and easily marked the beginning of the trail, I have been very pleased with there performance so I haven't switched, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
buckhunter said:
The only ones I have experience with are lumenocks. In the last hour of legal hunting it is hard for me to see the where the arrow exactly impacts the deer, the lumenocks were definetly bright enough that I was able to see the arrow hit behind the shoulder and pass through and then after I waited a while, when I climbed down from my stand it was dark, it was very easy to see the lumenock and walk straight to my arrow instead of searching, I had seen the deer run to the edge of a woodline so I carried the arrow to where I last saw the deer enter the woods took off the broadhead and stuck it in the ground, I came back several hours later with my buddy it was very dark out, but the lumenock was very bright and easily marked the beginning of the trail, I have been very pleased with there performance so I haven't switched, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use the tracer nocks but looking into alternatives. One thing you need to pay attention to is your arrow's Front Of Center (FOC). They add weight to the rear of the arrow which can cause erratic flight. One thing I don't like about the tracers is the battery assembly can rattle around a bit inside the arrow and cause a buzzing when you tap the arrow. I fixed that by wrapping a tiny piece of fabric bandaid around the shrink tubing. I'm not sure I like the way the homemade one goes together. I may look into the Lumenoks.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think I would like to try making my own lighted nock....something different for a chance....save some money

·
Registered
583 Posts
That video was really good and straight to the point, I think I am going to give that a try, to see if it really works.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
For you record book trophy guys, Pope and Young won't accept a deer for the records that has been killed with an arrow that has a lighted nock.

The Rules:

The Rules of Fair Chase

The term “Fair Chase” shall not include the taking of animals under the following conditions:

Helpless in a trap, deep snow or water, or on ice.
From any power vehicle or power boat.
By “jacklighting” or shining at night.
By the use of any tranquilizers or poisons.
While inside escape-proof fenced enclosures.
By the use of any power vehicle or power boats for herding or driving animals, including use of aircraft to land alongside or to communicate with or direct a hunter on the ground.
By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached. Any other condition considered by the Board of Directors as unacceptable.
The fair chase concept does, however, extend beyond the hunt itself; it is an attitude and a way of life based in a deep-seated respect for wildlife, for the environment, and for other individuals who share the bounty of this vast continent’s natural resources.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
John S said:
For you record book trophy guys, Pope and Young won't accept a deer for the records that has been killed with an arrow that has a lighted nock.

The Rules:

The Rules of Fair Chase

The term “Fair Chase” shall not include the taking of animals under the following conditions:

Helpless in a trap, deep snow or water, or on ice.
From any power vehicle or power boat.
By “jacklighting” or shining at night.
By the use of any tranquilizers or poisons.
While inside escape-proof fenced enclosures.
By the use of any power vehicle or power boats for herding or driving animals, including use of aircraft to land alongside or to communicate with or direct a hunter on the ground.
By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached. Any other condition considered by the Board of Directors as unacceptable.
The fair chase concept does, however, extend beyond the hunt itself; it is an attitude and a way of life based in a deep-seated respect for wildlife, for the environment, and for other individuals who share the bounty of this vast continent’s natural resources.
-Because, I have shot so many of them in PA!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts