The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i was at my local archery guy, and i see some light up bow pins, had a battery or something that you turn a switch and you get 3 different brightness's of pin lights.... The only problem was that there was 4 or 5 pins,,,,something that i don't need,,,,, Where could i get a set up like that to put on my single HHA pin?

·
Registered
390 Posts
My problem is seeing through a peep in low light conditions, I have a small light that you can turn on to highlite the pins. I found that it does not help with seeing the potential target. In turn I never use it.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
agree, my plan for next season is to lose the peep

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Hha makes a blue burst light that screws in on the sight reticle.it takes three hearing aid batteries.very bright,and you can adjust the brightness.I also shoot a peep sight,low light doesn't affect me much,as long as you hold a consistant anchor point and form,you should be good

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Just a heads-up,...if you end up killing a Pope and Young class buck, it will be disqualified if you have one of these sights on your bow. If you don't care about getting in the book, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gstiegeljr said:
Just a heads-up,...if you end up killing a Pope and Young class buck, it will be disqualified if you have one of these sights on your bow. If you don't care about getting in the book, don't worry about it.
Well I never plan on shotoing a P&Y buck in PA,,, but what should it matter if you shoot one with lighted pins in the middle of the day?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
TheAnimalSlayer said:
gstiegeljr said:
Well I never plan on shotoing a P&Y buck in PA,,, but what should it matter if you shoot one with lighted pins in the middle of the day?
That's the club rules,...I didn't write them.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't have a battery-type setup (personally don't like 'em and don't want the added weight), but to each his own.

One thing to watch is that the pin-head diameter at the tip isn't too big...sometimes they look sweet in the box/store, but then when you have 'em mounted and are aiming at targets at farther distances the "head-size" seems to cover the bullseye making it harder to hit the exact bullseye, if that makes sense.

I had to buy a new site for my Hoyt this past season, my old one was cracking and what looked nice and brite in the store, played havoc w/ me when it came to shooting at half-dollar sized bullseye out past 40 yards. I didn't realize at the time, but the "head-size" was slightly bigger than my old site. Additionally, the added "briteness" of the better fiber optics made my site a bit brite to the eye on sunny days during practice, though didn't seem to be too bad in the field.

As a result, I had to reduce my acceptable shooting range this past season, and plan to buy a new bow w/ new site setup this spring for next season. I'll be looking for smaller pins w/o a doubt...it doesn't take much to make a big difference!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Cody5x6work said:
Issue I had was you could see the pins but it made the target even darker.
Agreed....the contrast of the light-up pins against a darker target almost makes it worse. I still turn it on the first and last 15 minutes of the day anyway lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
I put a Tritium Pin on my sight for my 20 yard pin. No batteries required and you can shot till dark and then some.
P&Y legal because there is no light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts