The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took this pic off the back deck of camp on Oct. 29th 2012. Lights are from State College. Penn State was playing at home. Turned out to be JoePa's last game. Didn't know it at the time, of course. Thought it was pretty neat. Never saw those shafts of light before or since.:surprise2:

Attachments

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Cloud formations lite up from ambient light. Evening skies can be really neat.

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
Great pics. Looks like you've mastered night time photography? I have a hard time getting a good pic in the daytime.

:smile2:

Front porch on our hunting camp faces the North/South ridge that's the Potter/Tioga line, about a half mile to the West, so I'm into great sunsets.

Had one a few years ago during rifle season, that was really neat. Totally crimson the entire way across the top of that ridge, after the sun dropped below the horizon.

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
It's okay and it got a bit better this fall, since the twp. knocked down the tall saplings across the road, We now have an obstructed view of the fields and creek bottom, again.

:smile2:

At least I can't see those bleepin' wind mills going up south of Harrison Valley, from the porch.

Unfortunately, I can now see 'em from every hill top dirt road near camp. :crying:

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
How old, or is it too high to count? >:)

·
Registered
25,518 Posts
He's only slightly "younger" that I am and I'm now 73.

But if ya saw him, you'd automatically think he's older. 0:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts