The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a light for an AR for mainly close quarters?? Or a dual output...

I know some lights are TOO bright now and will wash out inside a white walled house etc...

I know my surefire 300u is probably about the limit..

Not sure what direction to go with activation of it either...

I don't mind a good pressure switch..I know some guys hate them..

I know I don't want anything fragile or with wires to snag and come loose etc..

The rifle is equipped with an Aimpoint if that makes a difference in your thoughts...(irons back ups of course)

Thanx!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I have a Bushmaster topped with an Aimpoint PRO along with a Surefire Fury 500 lumen light mounted in an Elzetta mount. The Fury (500 lumen) is a little more than most people use, but my rifle can be used when I'm on-duty and I want to throw enough light out there for outside use.

I went with the Fury because it has no wires or pressure pads and it a single output. I do not want to be pushing buttons to find the output I want. Simple, one button, one setting is what I want.

A 200-300 lumen light is a good choice if you don't plan on shooting at distance. My second AR will be set up with 200-300 lumen light in the Elzetta mount.

My shotgun, a Moss 590 SP has a 200 lumen Surfire because I will not be shooting the shotgun at the same distances of my primary AR.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like both your setups...

If its dark you turn the light on...no messing with pressure switches and wires and all that...the other issue I find with pressure switches is they take a good bit of pressure to activate and I can never get them in a spot that just "naturally" works for how I shoot...

The sky is the limit..I've had ARs since before they were cool...now I got a wild hair growing...the guns I have are "fine". But we know how that goes...lol...

I see a SBR in my future...probably will buy/build a legal version and then get the barrel/tax stamp so I have the rifle setup while I wait...

So many options..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts