The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Sweet truck !! I like the color as well.

One bit of warning about those sweet looking rim's. I put chrome on mine as well, but the Winters kill them. The brake dust has a tendency to put minor pit's in them, then the Winter salt is very hard on them.
If you leave them on for Winter, be sure to wax them heavy in the Fall, that help's a little.
And by the way, the manufactures are not helpful if your thinking warranty.......

But back to your truck......the fender flares add a nice touch as well. Very nice truck....

PS. Don't wax them in the winter as the moisture is already in them and the wax just traps it there......unless you can put them in a heated garage for a couple days first.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
That is a sweet looking truck!!!! Ditto the comments on the chrome rims. I had a set of American Racing chrome mag wheels on my '83 Camaro and I learned quickly that running them in the winter was not going to end well. I put my old steel painted rims with the trim rings back on in the winter. I didn't care what happened to them.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the reply's the rims are not chrome steel finish. they are aluminum pvd finish which is supposed to hold up real well with our winters. all that aside I don't plan on driving this truck during bad winter weather. im getting ready to buy another truck for running back and forth to work and driving in winter. this truck I want to keep the mileage down on.

·
Super Moderator
24,060 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts