The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you get a life time hunting license and a life time fishing license,make sure both of the CID"s are the same. If you don't it sets up 2 accounts for your name and their computer won't recognize either one of them on line!!!!!! You will have a heck of a time getting a license on the PALS system ! I jut spent a day and a half getting this straightened out thru the PGC ?
My fishing license had one number and my hunting license,which i've had for 7 years,had a different account number!
One used my DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBER and the other had used my Social Security NUMBER for ID!!!!

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
All that info is supposed to be included on the magnetic strip on the PA Driver's License, so must be a glitch of some kind?

Hadn't had a PA fishing license for years, since long before the PAL system was around. When I got my fishing license several years ago, all they did was swipe my driver's license and up came the CID for my hunting license, good to go, fishing license has same CID number as the hunting license.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DennyF.Like you ,i didn't have a fishing license for 15 years! I got my Life time fishing license because it was to be the last year that a life time trout permit was to be with it?
The little hardware store i got my fishing license at,the person had punched the numbers into the system. He did not swipe my drivers license?
Any how,thanks to a fellow named CHAD,at the PGC,it is all fixed up and my numbers match!

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Last year a friend used his SS# to purchase his license at the local sporting shop and it printed with a number different than his usual CID. The old CID still showed up online, the new one did not.

He called the 1-800 number, the PGC merged the two accounts (back to his original CID) and it's all good now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I feel PA complicates a system that dosent require being
complicated.
I was a PA resident for the first 64 years of my life and still own property there. Since becoming a Florida resident
I of coarse buy non res licences in PA.
In Florida when a resident reaches age 65 they simply stop
buying hunting and fishing licences. Nothing at all needs
to be done except stop buying them. If checked just show an I d.

·
Super Moderator
14,657 Posts
yobuck 1 said:
I feel PA complicates a system that dosent require being
complicated.
I was a PA resident for the first 64 years of my life and still own property there. Since becoming a Florida resident
I of coarse buy non res licences in PA.
In Florida when a resident reaches age 65 they simply stop
buying hunting and fishing licences. Nothing at all needs
to be done except stop buying them. If checked just show an I d.
That might work if no one ever needed any new deer or turkey tags.

Some of us kill deer and/or turkey every year and use our tags on them. That means you need to get new ones every year no matter how old you are.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
When I went from being a non-res back to being a resident I ended up with two different cid "accounts" in PALs. Some nice customer service lady at bass pro called the company that administers the system and had them get it straightened out over the phone in about 20 minutes or less so I could get my hunting license. Sounds like a similar yet different issue.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
I don't remember how it happened, but my nephew ended up having two different CID numbers a few years ago. Same as a few others on here. A quick call the the PGC office and it was taken care of very quickly.

·
Administrator
15,468 Posts
The first year we had PALS I was on Elmerton Ave for a BOC meeting and I got my hunting and trapping licenses.

When they printed out I noticed that it didn't match my fishing license.

I showed the lady and it took her about 15 minutes to get it straightened out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts