The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i am 15 but will be 15 in july. if i want to get my hunting license so that i can hunt spring turkey but i was wondering that being 15 when i received my license would i have to hunt with an adult still in the fall seasons even though i would be 16. also would i have to get a fishing license if i wanted to fish after july or would i not have to buy one until next spring.

·
Registered
24,786 Posts
if you get a license now for turkey it will expire June 30th. The next license comes out in July and that will cover you for fall season and thru next June...

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you have passed your hunter ed class and have a card your only problem will be buying a licenses that will be no good in 2 months because the one you buy now will expire on June 30. However when you reach 16 yoa, you may hunt alone.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
Hunting license is July 1-June 30....a fishing license is Jan 1- Dec 31

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
?? That is what I said, they expire on June 30. He would have to buy a fishing license the day he turned 16.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
...and I was answering the fishing license question.....but gave him some more detail.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
jstahl said:
right now i am 15 but will be 15 in july. if i want to get my hunting license so that i can hunt spring turkey but i was wondering that being 15 when i received my license would i have to hunt with an adult still in the fall seasons even though i would be 16. also would i have to get a fishing license if i wanted to fish after july or would i not have to buy one until next spring.

Scratching my head on this one....

Your 15 now but will ONLY be 15 in July....

HUH!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts