The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming up on the 24th to do some grouse hunting. I don't really want to go ahead and order my license now in case the weather turns sour and I don't get to come. Is there a place in the state where I can buy them over the counter? Walmart, etc...?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
This assumes that you have already taken the hunter safetly class or have a hunting license from a previous year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to stop as soon as i enter PA somewhere. I figure ot will be about 5pm before i make it. I only need a previous license from any staye, correct? I have a GA hunter safety card.

·
Registered
9,683 Posts
yep, you're good to go. What route will you be coming into PA on? That can get one of us a better read to help you find a place to get your license.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
Based strictly on looking at maps, it looks like I-81 comes into PA in Franklin county. The PGC search shows Dunham Sports (1714 Lincoln Way East) and Walmart (1730 Lincoln Way East) in Chambersburg. Google Maps shows that as taking exit 16 east on US route 30 for about 1.5 miles.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Radid Fire,
Tony's Hardware store just up from the bridge in Galeton sells Pa Hunting Licenses and Migra stamps.
Enjoy
Pine Creek/Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts