The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year I donate a knife to our local library to raffle off for their fundraiser. This is the knife this year. Koa wood handle, Brass bolster dovetailed with the wood.Steel O-1 Stock removal. I need to make up a sheath yet. But all set to go. Overall length was 8 1/4" and blade length 3 3/8 inch

Hope you all are out there enjoying some knives.

Ross

Attachments

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Not a collector but I appreciate knives not only for their functionality but for appearance as well. This is a great looking blade with clean sculpted lines and a fine finish. And your support to the library is exemplary.
Just out of curiosity, did you also make a sheath and if not what would you recommend to carry this fine instrument in?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a collector but I appreciate knives not only for their functionality but for appearance as well. This is a great looking blade with clean sculpted lines and a fine finish. And your support to the library is exemplary.
Just out of curiosity, did you also make a sheath and if not what would you recommend to carry this fine instrument in?

Sheath Is up next. I have to make it yet. I will post it once I get it done. Thanks for the kind words guys.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Good looking blade, I like the shape, it looks functional.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a good looking knife..What ki nd of price do they bring for the library auction, just curious
Ron its not a full auction they have found they do best with it in the Chinese auction format. which is where you buy tickets for a price and put them in buckets in front of whatever prize you like. They they draw a ticket out for who wins. I do know it brings in a nice sum every year but I dont know the amounts.

R

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to post the sheath. Here it is...the knife got lots of attention at the auction and as always its a win for the Library

1 - 14 of 14 Posts