The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Liar liar pants on fire

431 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dc 21 
#1 ·
Well, duh, he's a lawyer. What would you expect?Miami lawyer's pants burst into flame during closing arguments of arson trial

Graham Lanktree,International Business Times Thu, Mar 9 3:25 AM PST

A Miami attorney's pants burst into flame on Wednesday afternoon as he was making closing arguments defending his client in an arson case.
Lawyer Stephen Gutierrez was arguing that the car of Claudy Charles, 48, burst into flame spontaneously in South Miami-Dade, rather than being intentionally set on fire, when witnesses saw smoke rising from Gutierrez's right trouser pocket.
Trending: Did Apple consultant used suitcase to throw wife's body off cruise ship?
Gutierrez rushed out of the courtroom, witnesses told the Miami Herald, but later returned uninjured with a burnt pocket, insisting that it wasn't a stunt to drive home his legal arguments. Gutierrez, 28, told the court that the battery in his e-cigarette had caught fire.
"It was surreal," a witness told the Miami Herald. Miami-Dade police are investigating and obtained an e-cigarette battery as evidence, according to The Herald.
Don't miss: Hamas 'to soften anti-Israel rhetoric and accept 1967 borders'
Despite the interruption jurors chose to convict Charles of second-degree arson.
Judge Michael Hanzman, who was hearing the case at the Miami-Dade Criminal Court, could hold Gutierrez in contempt of court for the interruption.
E-cigarette batteries are known to spontaneously combust, and cases throughout the US and the world have caused severe injuries. Recently the devices, which vaporise nicotine, and are considered healthier than traditional cigarettes, have been banned from checked luggage on airplanes by the US Department of Transportatio

See less See more
#2 ·
Lyrics below.

I am the god of **** fire, and I bring you
Fire, I'll take you to burn
Fire, I'll take you to learn
I'll see you burn

You fought hard and you saved and earned
But all of it's going to burn
And your mind, your tiny mind
You know you've really been so blind
Now 's your time, burn your mind
You're falling far too far behind
Oh no, oh no, oh no, you're gonna burn

Fire, to destroy all you've done
Fire, to end all you've become
I'll feel you burn

You've been living like a little girl
In the middle of your little world
And your mind, your tiny mind
You know you've really been so blind
Now 's your time, burn your mind
You're falling far too far behind
OOhhh
You're gonna burn, you're gonna burn
You're gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn, burn

Fire, I'll take you to bed

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.