The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had poor results using hornady ammo before so was reluctant in spending the money for their Leverevolution ammo...but now I am glad I did. This was 100 yards out of my Marlin Guide gun with a new 2-7x Redfield Revolution. I think I found a new bear killer

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
What caliber? I just got a .450 marlin ans was planning on trying that ammo. That looks promising!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wow! That's a sweet group. I wish my Marlin 1894 in .44 mag grouped half that well with Hornady Leverevolution ammo. Best I get is about a 5" five shot group at 100 yards. I say I'd sure use that load you have for anything!

Notch

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nice group. The Lever Evolutions shot horrible out of my .444 Marlin. I think I need a newer gun without the micro groove barrel.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those were the last of the two shot groups as I was dialing in the Redfield. The scope was new so the first 3 groups were off the paper but both shots were touching in all 5 groupsIi shot. I don't have another rifle that will cloverleaf all shots like this combo does.

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Leverlution ammo in my 35 Rem Model 336 shoots Great!!!!Now I hear that the older 30/30 model 336 don't shot as well since it just does not have the right rate of twist.. So much so that even Marlin sales the more expensive 30/30 with the correct rate of twist. So...if you have the correct rate of twist in your gun...The Leverlution should shoot well...I know I'm going to use it in my old model 336 35 Rem.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I scraped up 5 rounds of it to try before I buy a whole box and find out it doesn't shoot well. Hopefully I get to test it out this weekend. I'll post my results.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
My 45/70 GG shoots them very well too. I wish I would have taken a pic of my target. They printed a clover leaf @ 100 yds off the bench. They are pretty impressive when they mushroom too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
mtncurhunter said:
Nice group. The Lever Evolutions shot horrible out of my .444 Marlin. I think I need a newer gun without the micro groove barrel.
Let me know when your ready to sell that old outdated gun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts