The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
They make a ton of guns for Cowboy Action and people I talked to liked their firearms.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
They were the only company making early style lever guns thirty - forty years ago. If you see a yellow boy in a movie from the 1970's or 1980's, the credits probably say they were Uberti's. It was probably an Uberti used by Costner in the Buffalo hunt scene in Dances with Wolves. I have seen them in catalogues for years but never handled one. About thirty years ago, I bought a 92 Winchester clone (44-40) from Brazil. The action cycled a little rough at first, but got better with use.

Uberti has a good name for quality, and I have only heard bad things about Uberti once. I have two Uberti cap and ball revolvers and have no complaints.

You may want to check on one of the CASS or western shooting forums for comments.

I also don't know how they compare to the guns made currently by Henry in New Jersey, either in quality or price. I think Henry started making some lever guns in larger calibers.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I've seen some Henry's in 44, thought they were pretty heavy though, even the 22s are heavy for a small caliber. Local shop has a 44 mag I'm thinking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts