The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a 3" leveling kit up front but also installed 1.5" blocks in the rear to maintain a small amount of rake. New rubber all around in the form of Cooper ATP's 275/60R20 which are 33". Just an inch taller that stock.

I wanted to gain a more aggressive stance but not kill the gas mileage. Anyhow, to most it's probably not that noticeable but to me it's a big change. The pics simply don't do it justice. I'm loving the new look and feel!

Stock

Old Nitto's New Coopers

All Dressed up...

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Your the only one you need to make happy......looks good....

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

The planning and prep is alot of fun but can be very nerve racking as well when trying to get the look you want when on a tight budget. I probably spent 100 hours reading and contemplating different tire sizes and lifts.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Looks nice.I,m a gear head and grew up in the 70,s and still like rake.Me personally I would never level a truck.They rake em for a reason.I still think rake on muscle cars looks extremely cool.Remember Hi-Jackers?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Goodolboy.......you are old, get with the times.........I grew up in the.......ummmmm...70's, and yes I had the Highjackers decal on my windows in high school to......

But I put the leveling kit in my trucks today......and I also gave up the mullet.......

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
artsmag10 said:
Bootmud: nice lookin' ride.
Did you do the work yourself?

Looks like it was done in a shop.
Oh heck no, I didn't do the labor! LOL That's way above my ability. I felt I got a pretty good deal on the installation and that also included the alignment.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
clc said:
Curious why you didn't go with a aal in the rear instead of a block?
Is that an add a leaf? If so, it never really crossed my mind. From what I know of adding an xtra leaf it makes the rear much stiffer and not as close to the factory ride.

Also the block was cheap.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
G2CDeer said:
I put the 2" level with the AT3's (33) on my truck and the stance is a lot better. Careful though, I read and my mechanic also told me that anything over 2.5" can cause wheel bearing issues.
Lets hope your mechanic is wrong.

The rough country actually comes with a 2.5" spacer and two additonal 3/8" spacer plates, so you can choose how much lift you want. I added one of the spacer plates so I'm just a hair under 3" up front.

·
Registered
227 Posts
bootmud said:
clc said:
Curious why you didn't go with a aal in the rear instead of a block?
Is that an add a leaf? If so, it never really crossed my mind. From what I know of adding an xtra leaf it makes the rear much stiffer and not as close to the factory ride.

Also the block was cheap.
Yeah sorry add a leaf. I'm not sure how the tundra suspension differs from a tacoma but I know most guys suggest coilovers and aals, not that matters much now. Do your tires rub at all? Looks good btw.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cash flow was an issue so I didn't neccessarily go with the best option but more so the more economical option.

There is no tire rub but they are the same width as factory, only 1" taller.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts