The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these? I love their scopes, but have no experience with the binoculars. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I have a pair of Acadia's. I want to say they are 8x40's.
I got them at a very good price on a silent auction at a NRA banguet. Around the same time, I got a pair of Nikon Monarch's, also 8x. Between the two, I think the Nikon's are better glass. In fact I took the Nikon's when I went to Alaska on my grizzly hunt.
Can't speak to the other levels of Leupold binos. Not saying they are bad, just not as good as the Nikons.

That being said, I tend to be pretty hard on equipment. I have had issues with the Nikons that I've had to have repaired, but have had no issues with the Leupolds. So on a durability standpoint, I'd give the nod to the Leupolds.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have the 8x40 cascades and they are really nice. I have no complaints and would recommend them to any one. They were one of the best gifts my wife has ever gotten me.

·
Registered
20,862 Posts
I have three pairs and they're all nice.I bought my son a pair of Yosemeties and they're about as good as you can get for the money.They aren't the best However.I feel naked without good glass when I'm hunting for deer.I have a pair of 8x42 cascades that I use almost exclusively.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Like Kudu, I have a pair of Acadias. Basically, I'm a little disappointed with them. The optics are average, but the thing I dislike most about them is that they are pretty heavy around the neck when carrying them for a while. I wish I would have gotten something a little smaller and with better optics.
I really like the Cabelas' brand which are rebranded Meopta's. They are quality optics in a smaller package, but a little more pricey!
Mike....good luck with whatever you choose.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bought a pair of Mojave's a few years ago. During sunset times i could see a faint line across the viewing area on my right lens. I turned them around and looked through and noticed a distinct line across the entire picture. I emailed Leupold and they said it sounds like the prism is off. I shipped back on my dime(apprx $8) and about a week later i got a brand new pair. I like them and feel naked without them. I have the 8x42. I also tossed the neck strap that came with it and purchased a binocular harness. Made a world of difference. I can wear them all day long without any neck strain.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have a pair of 10x50 Olympic binocs that I use all the time - just love them. They are heavy and use them with a harness. a neck strap would be quite uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
mike76er said:
Anyone have any experience with these? I love their scopes, but have no experience with the binoculars. Thanks!
What are their intended purpose? I have a pair of 6x30 Yosemite's I use for archery hunting. For the price they are very good binoculars. They are not much good for glassing across ravines and such, but for woodlot hunting they're excellent.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Honestly , I love my Leupold scopes , but haven't found a pair of Leupold binos under $300.00 that I care to own . Especially a pocket size , which is all I need to add to my optics collection .

One of my all time hunting favorites are a pair of Nikon 8 X 56 . They REALLY shine at dawn & dusk .....

·
Registered
20,862 Posts
I'm on my second pair of 8x42 cascades.I had the first pair for about 12 years.Last year the pull-up eye cups wouldn't stay up so they sent me a brand new pair with twist up eye cups.I've tried a bunch of different glass and would have no issues spending a lot more money but have never felt the need.They're my go to glass and I rarely enter the woods without them.I primarily still hunt during rifle season and I can't even begin to remember every deer I spotted before they spotted me because of those binoculars.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
as someone above mentioned, I also have a pair of Nikon trailblazers and a pair of Leupold Cascades, both in 8X42. The nikon are far and above the better optics in terms of clarity and eye cup function. The leupolds just seem off in terms of focus and they never give that "sharp" appearance, others who have used the two agree with me. sent them off to leupold, on my dime of course, and they were returned with no issue found......

·
Registered
25,475 Posts
Another vote for the 8x30 Yosemites. Had mine for several years. Easy to tote, more than good enough for my purposes and the price was right. They're less expensive now, than when I got mine.

Will probably donate mine to a farmboy cousin that's never owned a decent pair of binocs in his life and get me a new pair this summer?

I keep Nikon 10x50s in the truck for 'chuck hunting and general glassing. Better than the Yosemites, but too bulky/heavy to hunt with.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts