The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need our voices to be heard! Not only in here, but in our local newspapers, in our local township meetings, in our grocery stores, in our banks, to our friends and family, to our Governor, to our State Reps, to our President! This thread is intended for you, the Patriot, the Protector of Freedom; to share your letters that have been submitted to our politicians. Below is a fine example of such a Patriot! My letter will be posted later tonight.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America. I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Below is another example from NutnFancy on Youtube:

Dear Congressman,

As you know, Congress is shockingly considering GUN LEGISLATION that will make enemies into millions of its citizens, breaching a trust long held. I urge to stand for individual liberty and trust in the citizenry, just like our Constitution affirms and clearly outlines.

I urge you with the greatest commitment to VOTE AGAINST the AWB and any other legislation that purposes registration and banning of so-called "Assault Weapons." These firearms are in tens of millions of households, held by good citizens, keeping the peace, and preserving their liberty. The percentage of criminal use of these guns is infinitesimal and statistically insignificant.

More importantly these proposed laws registering and banning this broad category of guns will have no affect on crime. As we saw in the CT massacre at Sandy Hook, criminals will steal their guns, ignore ALL laws, and in the end probably use other destructive devices to kill people (buses, cars, poisons, homemade bombs, etc).

The only effective solution to these killers is an immediate armed response, just like civilian Nick Meli in a mall in Clackamas, OR. With his Glock, he foiled a mass shooting, saved lives. An armed civilian stops these mass killings! ARMED TEACHERS ARE THE ANSWER, NOT criminalizing millions of good Americans. That will cause much greater problems. But this isn't about guns or greater public safety, or stopping the killings, it's about people control. This is much more ominous.

The fingerprinting, registration, and guaranteed future control of an owner of this type of firearm VIOLATES the Second Amendment. It is a glaring manifestation of an overreaching, out of control government...the very thing which our founders feared and wished to prevent. This destruction of the 2nd Amendment will have a domino effect. Other rights will also be attacked, weakened, and outright eliminated. In the future this could lead to civic unrest, deadly confrontations with law enforcement, and more.

This or other "assault weapons bans" will be unenforceable as well. In the end, only the criminals and the government will be armed. Is that what you want? In determining the course of this country this might be your most important vote ever. Firmly PRESERVE GUN OWNERS RIGHTS and accept no compromise. I thank you for your past support in this area; it's time to do it again as the anti-freedom forceS are always on the march. I will watch your vote will great interest and gratefully support you in future elections for your defense of our Constitution.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sawedoff:

Thank you for your posting and writing of letters. We are engaged in a great fight and it is only the beginning. We must remain vigilant and strong now, so we are organized and powerful later when the real fight comes.

I write letters to at least one politician a day. This is a simple goal. Also, don't be afraid to write them on behalf of your family members and friends (with their permission of course).

I call to you, stand with me and write now, for if not, we will be standing next to each other to fight later.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Letter I sent to Walmart, working on the big one for my congressman.

Thank you Walmart for your past proactive support to our 2nd Amendment rights! Sam Walton would be very proud to date with Walmarts continued sells of all style rifles and shotguns! I'm very pleased with this support of the 2nd amendment and sales of hunting licenses and believe in supporting any company or corporation large or small that does the same!

I have been a large buyer of ammunition and hunting supplies due to your very competitive rates, However it has come to my attention that the Obama Administration is putting pressure on Walmart to support an Assault Weapons Ban. If Walmart endorses this ban, or complies in any way; I will use every available resource and media outlet to boycott your establishment forever.

I believe in Walmart and Sam Walton's dream of providing a great service to this nation, and rejecting any anti gun legislation would be nothing short of an Exemplary Act of Protecting American Values.

I encourage Walmart to resinate on this very important topic. It is easy to react on the basis of emotion, but I encourage Walmart to think logically. I will be watching Walmarts actions very closely and attentively.

I will stand tall with Walmart if they reject any efforts that attack our most basic rights!

Respectfully and faithfully,

*Sawedoff*

·
Registered
948 Posts
Dear Senator Toomey:

Please oppose any new gun control legislation and more specifically, that which bans semi-automatic weapons and places restrictions on magazines.

Gun rights is an extremely important topic for me when deciding my votes. If you vote to restrict my constitutionally granted right to bear arms, I will to remove you from office and encourage Republicans to challenge you in a primary.

The 2nd Amendment is clear, the right "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Senator Toomey,

I find myself questioning the actions of our government these days. As you know Congress is considering to move forward on an Assault Weapons Ban. I believe within every ounce of my existence that any piece of anti-gun, banning, or limiting legislation towards guns is a full frontal attack on our Constitution.

While questioning our government, I find I look to the Constitution to see if America is on course within its structure. The Constitution defined in a metaphorical sense should be regarded as the backbone of America. Unfortunately, we have strayed away from our political framework, while weakening America's backbone. We accelerated this deterioration by questioning our Freedoms.

Senator Toomey, please recall this day:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

You, Senator, have swore to protect the Constitution and I encourage you to do so inspite of the ignorance that is surrounding the role of government.

Please uphold your oath! Please vote against any gun limiting legislation and regard them as attacks on our Constitution!

I will be attentively watching this topic and any voting you cast on this issue. If you vote for an Assault Weapons Ban or any derivative that limits guns or related parts; you will be replaced in the Primary.

Please fight for our Constitution!

Respectfully Submitted,

*Sawedoff*

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Good letters. Keep it up boys. (or girls)

It's up to us to the the elected folks to back off of the only right we have left. They already steal our money to pay for stuff that we cannot afford. Back off the guns. If you try to take that, it won't end well. Good thread.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I wrote Bill Shuster today. I'll post his reply as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear Senator Baker,

I find myself questioning the actions of our government these days. As you know Congress is considering to move forward on an Assault Weapons Ban. I believe within every ounce of my existence that any piece of anti-gun, banning, or limiting legislation towards guns is a full frontal attack on our Constitution.

Gun rights is an extremely important topic for me when deciding my votes. I will be watching all my political representatives on this issue and any politician that votes to restrict OUR Constitutional Rights shall be voted out of their current position.

The 2nd Amendment is clear, the right "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."

I thank you for your past support on the 2nd Amendment here within the State and encourage you to review Wyoming's House Bill NO. HB0104 as a model for gun legislation in Pennsylvania.

Respectfully Submitted,

*Sawedoff+

2013 STATE OF WYOMING 13LSO-0426 HOUSE BILL NO. HB0104
Firearm Protection Act.
Sponsored by: Representative(s) Kroeker, Baker, Burkhart, Jaggi, Miller, Piiparinen, Reeder and
Winters and Senator(s) Dockstader and Hicks
A BILL for
1 ANACTrelatingtofirearms;providingthatanyfederallaw
2 which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit
3 the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on
4 firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming;
5 providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.
7 Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Wyoming: 8
9 Section 1. W.S. 6-8-405 is amended to read:
11 6-8-405. Offenses and penalties; defense of Wyoming
12 citizens.
14 (a) No public servant as defined in W.S. 6-5-101, or
15 dealer selling any firearm in this state shall enforce or
16 attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule or

2013 STATE OF WYOMING 13LSO-0426
1 regulation of the United States government relating to a
2 personal firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is
3 owned or manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming
4 and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.
6 (b) Any official, agent or employee of the United
7 States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any
8 act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United
9 States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm
10 accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured
11 commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains
12 exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty
13 of a misdemeanor felony and, upon conviction, shall be
14 subject to imprisonment for not more less than one (1) year
15 and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not
16 more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) five thousand
17 dollars ($5,000.00), or both.
19 (c) The attorney general may defend a citizen of
20 Wyoming who is prosecuted by the United States government
21 forviolationofafederallawrelatingtothemanufacture,
22 sale, transfer or possession of a firearm, a firearm
23 accessory or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained
24 exclusively within the borders of Wyoming.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(d) Any federal law, rule, regulation or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to:
(i) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi- automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
(ii) Require any firearm, magazine or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.
2013 STATE OF WYOMING 13LSO-0426

·
Registered
948 Posts
Come on guys.

Post up some of your letters here. This will help those who have never wrote to their representatives before. I know the first time I wrote, it is a somewhat intimidating process.

In my opinion, a good letter has the following components:

1) Identification of the topic
2) Personal position on the topic
3) clear and concise language
4) statement that an infringement on the 2nd Amendment will result in you voting against the recipient of the letter in future elections.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts