The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im shortly becoming infatuated with this breed of dog..I know a few of you have Curs...Lets show em off and discuss them...Im wanting to learn all that I can about these dogs....

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...What a looker!...Mine is 6 months old now...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I know that you have already seen pics of mine but here are a couple more.

I hope to have pics of my newest addition after this weekend.

·
Registered
290 Posts
mtncurhunter,
where did you get your dog's from? They are really nice looking. I am looking to get a pup in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The one with the white head came from some local amish, but a friend of mine has some dogs out of the same line. My brindle dog came from southern OH. Found her on the UKC classifieds, did not know nothing about her till after I bought her. I know almost always know of some local pups but they won't be registered if that matters to you.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet pics...Im taking mine out tomorrow for some woods time..I need to get my digital up and running..The guy I bought her from is looking for other folks to run dogs with..hunt or just run..and he will travel if need be..I am amazed at his(mother of mine)and can only hope my pup is half of what she is..

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Great lookin dogs, what are the breed standard colors for the curs??

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is mine at 4 months old....

·
Registered
290 Posts
mtncurhunter,
I could care less if they are registered as long as they hunt. I'll keep you in mind when I get a little closer to getting one.

·
Registered
994 Posts
RidgwayHunter said:
Great lookin dogs, what are the breed standard colors for the curs??
They can be just about any color. Yellow, brown, black, brindle, blue, red. Usually have some white. OMCBA will not register a dog that is more than 1/3 white, but some of the other registeries will.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Sure seems like a great breed I've never been around any but from what I can tell they seem to be one of the most versital dogs I've ever heard of. I'd like to hunt over them somtime

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RidgwayHunter said:
Sure seems like a great breed I've never been around any but from what I can tell they seem to be one of the most versital dogs I've ever heard of. I'd like to hunt over them somtime
Once you do...You will want one...Im chomping at the bit with mine...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I sureeee would like to hunt over some of these dogs *hint hint* cur guys haha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts