The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my 2012 Commander 1000XT. Just put these wheels and tires on yesterday. Finishing up new skids and oil change this weekend. Led lightbars from and rear next week as the custom mounts are being machined now. Heading to Hatfield and McCoy the 16th till the 19th. Staying at Buffalo Trail Cabins. Can't wait! They also have a brewery in the campground if anyones interested.

·
Registered
943 Posts
That's a really nice lookin side by side, man. I'm in the process of rebuilding my quad. All new bearings, fresh powder on the metal, switching the 05 rear end to an 06+, braided brake lines and a few needed upgrades. Almost done but I still need to order some things. Here's what it looks like so far.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good. I candy powder coated my 250r frame when I put the 350 power valve motor in it. Looks a lot like your project does. I ordered a fire extinguisher and other odds and ends this week also. Can't wait for this trip to get here! Guess no one else has a buggy or quad they ride

·
Registered
943 Posts
There's a few but they must not get on the ATV forum very often.
I still have to get a new steering stabilizer, shifter, rear brake lever, rear brake clevis, hand guards, Hiper modified beadlock rings so I can install mud covers and a clutch cable. But I have a sneaky feeling that I'm forgetting something though. Haha
Have fun and stay safe down in WV.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Nice looking Can Am, and nice work on the quad as well.
I have a commander 800 xt, in silver. I have added a roof, windshield, rear window net and rock sliders.
I will try to get some pics of it.
Also have a couple rhinos, really need to get pics of all 3 together, will try to find the time in the next few says.
Meanwhile, enjoy your tip to H/M, that's a sweet ride to enjoy down there.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
6.5-284BMF said:
Guess no one else has a buggy or quad they ride
My Kawasaki Prairie is mostly bone stock and I just never felt the need to throw money at it. However; the list of upgrades I've done to my two wheel machines is quite long. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Absolutely. It's all about what you're into. So what two wheelers do you have and what did you put on them?

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Had the Commander out yesterday so I took a quick pic. Also snapped one of the Rhinos in the garage.
The blue Rhino is basically stock, just added a roof and some cup holders.
Camo one has wheel and tire kit and the roof added.

The Commander has the roof added and a rear window net to help with dust
I also added mirror's and 1/2 windshields to all of them.

·
Registered
835 Posts
My 11 50" with some add ons. H/M is a great place we have had a group of us going down for at least 5 years. Never did the Buffalo trail. Be safe.

Your commander looks good. How wide are you now with those tires?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is 63 inches wide now. Stock is 58.6 so I gained about 4 inches. I actually took the 2 inch wheel spacers off with the new tires. Doesn't rub as much now. Has to trim the lower rockers in the rear also. I'm gonna put a racertech 2 inch lift on soon to.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Jaron said:
Absolutely. It's all about what you're into. So what two wheelers do you have and what did you put on them?
No reason to clutter up this thread with two wheel machines. Maybe I'll start one for the motorcycles.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
6.5-284BMF said:
Mine is 63 inches wide now. Stock is 58.6 so I gained about 4 inches. I actually took the 2 inch wheel spacers off with the new tires. Doesn't rub as much now. Has to trim the lower rockers in the rear also. I'm gonna put a racertech 2 inch lift on soon to.
I was looking at different wheel for mine, but sort of lost interest. I had a guy wanting to buy mine, but couldn't find ones I liked, so just decided to leave it alone. I forgot to add that I did install rock sliders on it.
I have always liked my Rhinos for the type of use I use them for, and I believe the Commander is the "new" Rhino.
I really like the commander.
The blue Rhino is the wife's, and I kept the camo one when I bought the commander, my son occasionally goes ridding with us, so I kept it for him to use.

Your machine looks great......

·
Registered
735 Posts
You guys got some real nice machines! Here's my 2014 RZR 800 XC. I picked it up almost a year ago. I ended up putting a roof, stereo, winch, and rock sliders on it. Had a buddy of mine paint the rock sliders, speaker covers, and side rails. Happy with the way it turned out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I suppose I should upload a pic but I ride a 2009 brute force 750. 2" lift, 26" bighorns, full muzzy exhaust, clutched, chipped, and a custom bumper with a set of rigid dually led lights. Let's just say the front end doesn't like to be on the ground and it goes plenty fast. Haha but me and a group of guys just got back from Hatfield Mccoy Monday. Rode little coal river last Thursday rock house Friday and Saturday and buffalo mountain into Matewan Sunday. 145 miles of great times. Weather looks great for this week down there!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took off factory black XT wheels and 30 inch maxxis zillas. I'm gonna sell them soon. Had a guy looking at them but they didn't fit his terxy right. Oh well. Off to hatfield in a few hrs. I'll be sure to post some pics when I get back!

·
Registered
18,553 Posts
No fancy UTV for me but wouldn't mind owning one. I have a 2014 Honda Foreman. I use it mainly for hunting,
I added a Strong Made rack on the back, a-arm guards, Tamarack front box and KFI winch. That's about it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I don't have any good pictures this minute, but I have a 2015 Polaris Ranger 570. My dad isn't getting around like he used to and since he had both hips replaced he has a hard time getting on and off the quad. He used to ride me up and down the hills at camp and now it's my time to return the favor. I've built a windshield out of lexan, built a custom roof, and added a superwinch terra 3500.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Buddy of mine has the same machine. I must admit my 1st thought was only a 570, and a smaller ranger.
I was wrong. They are a very nice, very capable machine for the money. It worked fine when trail riding with us.
it may not do all that some other machines will, but I would definitely recommend them for a machine in that price range.
and good for you for being able to haul your dad to his hunting grounds in comfort !!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts