The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were a deer, whay would be your best strategy to survive the next 12 days? This should be interesting..

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Wherever I lived, I'd lay around all day in the thickest and nastiest stuff I could find. If possible, I'd have a line of sight in one direction and the wind coming to me from the other. I would only move about at night and come daylight, I'd be right back in the thick and nasty.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I would hang out with kudu58. I think he might really be a deer.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Hang out near a cemetery. Thanks to the PGC for that little tid bit.

·
Banned
59 Posts
what us deer always do go to our under ground tunnels. people don't know this but those mountains you go up and down have deer cities in them almost like mouse city

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I'd would go lay in one of those big fancy tiles under the road that look like one of those big metal car ports till dark. Then go lady hunting..

·
Registered
20,668 Posts
Wherever I holed up, I wouldn't budge when it was even remotely light outside, unless a hunter physically stepped on me.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'd go deep, where there is no activity. If I lived in a n area I could not go deep...I would find the nastiest stuff and only move at night.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have theorized on this before that since a deer lives and dies by it's nose it only makes sense that they spend time where they have noticed the least amount of human scent left behind. It stands to reason that if they associate that smell with danger they will look for an area with considerably less scent that they associate with danger so they can bed and re-chew their food. Same can be said for how many times a deer gets jumped out of a certain bed. You can affect a change in a deers bedding habits by jumping them out of a certain area repeatedly. They may come back to that bed once the practice stops, but in the course of a two week rifle season it can negatively impact how often you see these particular deer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts