The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tater can you post the detailed method that you use for your ribs?
I want to try them this week.
What kind of ribs do you use?

alright guys lets do some ribs. now i don't actually have any i am doing so this will be kinda a discussion of techniques and alot of links.

i would like to add i love ribs but have yet to find the perfect rib. i have made and eaten some that people said were the best but myself i haven't found it. but if i was to do some heres how i'd do it.

alright heres my first link, in this one pay attention to how to prepare the ribs, please tell me ya'll remove the membrane. here is a u-tubes on this you can watch too. its very informative

prepare ribs

prepare ribs

last ribs i did i removed the membrane but didn't cut them kc style

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright last ones i did i just used some salt and pepper on and that was it for a rub, my wife doesn't like to many rubs she says they are spicey so i go without alot

myself i would cover with mustard then some plowboys rub

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres the basics of a 3-2-1 rib cooking method. i do it this way but go about 1.5 in the foil stage

3-2-1 ribs

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
All right, you gotta stop making us hungry!
Now I am thinking about getting a smoker.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
John S said:
All right, you gotta stop making us hungry!
Now I am thinking about getting a smoker.
One of these weekends Tater, your gonna wake up to 30 HPA members standing in your drive-way with plates and cases of MGD.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hope they can run faster than my dog. figure they will drop the beer to run faster and it'll be all mine

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Tater made some ribs today with the 3-2-1 method and they taste graet.
But, and its not a big deal but I didn't get the meat to pull back as much as yours. Maybe 1/4 inch.
I know its all looks but yours looked much tastier than mine.
Any secrets?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts