The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noone made this post yet that i seen....

so lets see y'all hound dogs!

these are my 2 Treeing Walkers...well..i run them but they are my buddies hounds...im free to take them whenever i want with or without him and been doing so for about the last 5 years...

this is Jake..hes about retired due to his size and age..hes gunna be 8 soon..not overly old, but he was always a big dog..we take him out once in a while now but his size and age just kills him for a few days after so we only take him when hes really wantin to go..hes a UKC grand nite champion..

this is the female i hunt now...shes 5..really wasnt hunted a whole lot till i came home from NC in October...i made her a Nite Champion in the fall and got 2 wins towards her grand nite champion title..shes comin along nice for the life she lived so far..she should been a ruined hound due to the kid that owned her..but she turned into a coondog with some hard huntin under her belt..this pic was taken the other nite..still gettin it done with snow on the ground..i'll be hunting her hard in the nite hunts till i leave for NC at the end of April..hopefully get her finished to grandnitech before i go..if not, hopefully my buddy keeps on her and he finishes her this summer while im gone or lets me finish her in the fall when i get home..

so lets see em!

dont gotta be coonhounds...thats just what i run...thought this could be a good post for the new sub-forum...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I love these posts..These are few of my favorites
here is Major and Bear

Major and Tess

Rebel POUNDING a rabbit last summer

Luna with the meat. RIP girl.

Bear HOOKED!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts

Boone blowin' the top out of one.....

Skyy.........hes only a year old hasn't been in the woods a whole lot yet...

The boys loaded, and ready to go...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
These are my Coyote Hounds and my lazy pet Doberman

Tray my Walker

The Plott Hounds after a day of chasing Coyote. Remington with red collar and Hammer with yellow collar

Remington and Hammer working out a track while hunting coyote

Midnight my Pet Doberman with Tray She uses his bed until her Kennel is finished this spring

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
abby playing in the yard as a young pup

micky and abby

I need to get some good running pics

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
[/URL]
The tri-color in front is Tuff, he turns 12 this month.

The dog on the right is Jakey who is just 14 months.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
This is my Jessie, she's enjoying the retired life these days.

This was Buddy, the dog we had to put down last February. Still breaks my heart thinking about it. This was the last of the great photos we got of him. 4 months later he was gone. He was Jessies best friend.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awesome guys!! keep em coming!

good to see some fellow coonhound guys! and great to see some fellow walker guys!

one of these days i'll get me a beagle...had a neighbor when i was a kid bring one over for me for free...i wasnt home..parents told him no..i was bummed beyond bummed as i grew up running coon hounds and when the neighbor brought the beagle over for me, it was during the point in my life i wasnt running coon hounds...still bummed about that as his beagles are supposed to be pretty good..him and his son i think it was ran them every weekend of the season..

though a beagle would have to fight my love of bow hunting..but, i could run it after bow season...

and id like to see how the competition side of the beagle stuff runs as im into the coon hunting nite hunts.....i dont know...maybe one day...i got more hobbies than i can shake a stick at lol...and with me moving every 6 months its best i dont own a huntin dog of my own (the walkers i run are my buddies...but i run them when i want and take them to the competitions and such...) kills 2 birds with 1 stone as they have 2 handlers and get ran pretty hard year round..

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm actually going to give up some bowhunting time for the beagles. Im getting real tired of the "deer" games, and i think it's time to make a change. So coming this summer and fall, i'll do my deer scouting for my wife and let her kill the deer. I'll kill the bunnies!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
This past weekends Coyote hunt

Remington is worn out after a 3 hour chase but kept going

Tray's back end LOL as she came past me

Hammer's porcupine quills after we removed dozens and before going to the vet for the remainder

Tray and Remington coming down a log road full speed

Coyote Scat on log road that the Hounds chased on

The coyote track they were on

I just love Hounds and their photos come on guys keep some coming

1 - 20 of 51 Posts