The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this archery season i was given permission to hunt some private land another person was hunting. well now this guy thinks he ownes the property and is making it hard for me too hunt this ground. if i would report this guy to the game commission would they intervene and stop him from harrassing me while i'm in the woods enjoying my time off hunting. i do not want to get in a confrontation with him nor does the landowner. he actually told the landowner he doesn't want me hunting on their own property.
what do you think i can do besides bowing down to his level ( i know what i would have done 20 years ago, but now is a different time ) thanks for all feedback

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
There are hunter harassment laws that can be enforced. But you prolly got to 'splain what the guy was doin 'afore someone here can give you an amateur opinion.

Or a WCO could give you a professional opinion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Be the bigger man....continue to hunt this year out. If he is putting this much energy into screwing things up for you, then that's less hunting time for him and the deer walk. If he gets a buck this year, and you are there, maybe next year things will be okay. Private land can be hard to come by, sometimes it's worth it and sometimes it is not. Game Commission probably won't do anything without involving the landowner which is what you probably want to avoid. Hunker down this season and next. Either he'll get used to you being there or he'll move on. If you've lost a pricey treestand though, that's a different matter...

·
Registered
11,503 Posts
Middle Creek said:
he actually told the landowner he doesn't want me hunting on their own property.
That takes guts. He'll probably ruin it for both of you because I doubt the landowner wants to get involved in your confrontation.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Whats he doing that is making it hard for you ? Why dosnt the LO have a talk with him? If the LO gave you permission to hunt there then your good but dont go down to his level its not worth it.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
the SE is full of big mouth hunters that like to puff up and chase off other hunters. private and public lands.

just do your best to ignor the loud mouth and he'll quiet down.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Without more information I cannot determine if he is harassing you. PM me the details if you want.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Be a bigger Man. PM RWJ and see if you get the law after him. People like this need put in their place.

·
Registered
25,652 Posts
That takes guts. He'll probably ruin it for both of you because I doubt the landowner wants to get involved in your confrontation
End result would probably be that the landowner posts the place, not allowing anyone on to hunt, thus saving himself the aggravation of having to be pestered by hunters grumbling about each other?

It happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts