The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is is legal to carry a shotgun and a bow at the sametime when deer achery and turkey is in?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No, it is not.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Both are legal weapons for turkey....Why not ??....

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
They aren't both legal arms for deer! You cannot have a shotgun while hunting for deer in archery season. This is nothing new, it has always been that way. You may carry a bow and flintlock when the late season for deer is in if you have both licenses, and during the early muzzleolader season if you have both licenses.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
because it is too hard to tell the diff. between a slug/sabot hole and a broadhead hole

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
That , treetipper, is a GOOD question......If both are legal for turkey, WHY can't you carry both? If I am out deer hunting in rifle season can't I use a crossbow, if I can, why can't I carry both?

·
Registered
200 Posts
you can carry both, if you're turkey hunting, not to mention they would have to prove you are deer hunting, which would be tough, especially if you have only number 4 shot or smaller on you, even if they tried to nail you I think you'd beat it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It does go to show you that the PGC has no faith in us doing the right thing which is part of the reason why there is somewhat of an adversarial relationship between some hunters and the PGC, should be we not us and them but infortunately that is not nessarily the case

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
In the world we live in.....we are presented with a mired of choices. If your going for Turkey.....your choice is take a bow, OR take a shotgun. If your going for Deer when Turkey is in, your choice is take a bow.

Hey.....it's better than living in the Soviet Union.

Dave

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Hey Moleman why don't you do it and let us know how you make out in court. Why does every legal question turn into a useless diatribe of "they can't prove it, why can't we and other nonsense. The question was is it legal? The answer is no.

·
Registered
200 Posts
John, so your trying to tell me that I can't hunt turkey with a bow and shotgun at the same time? You my friend are wrong, and I'd take my chances any day in court and I'd win, you would have to prove I was also hunting deer otherwise your out of luck

·
Registered
200 Posts
why does it get turned into "if they can't prove it" because at least for a while longer we are still innocent until proven guilty in this country

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
ICAREDOYOU said:
That , treetipper, is a GOOD question......If both are legal for turkey, WHY can't you carry both? If I am out deer hunting in rifle season can't I use a crossbow, if I can, why can't I carry both?
Cause its already been answered on here before by John S. and the BOC can NOT See the Common Sense in it...

A LEGAL Law Abiding hunter, should be ABLE, if Seasons OVER LAP, Carry as many LEGAL Weapons for EACH Season that is IN on that OVER LAP of Seasons...

BUT, The Poachers would use 1 of those weapons to kill a critter that could NOT be Killed with that Weapon....

So, Seeing WE LAW ABIDING HUNTERS, Would just want to be able to Hunt EVERYTHING that is LEGALLY in SEASON, on an OVER LAP of SEASONS, At 1 time, We would be considered an Outlaw for wanting to carry 2 or 3 different hunting weapons with us in those over lapping seasons...

EVERYONE would Be OUTLAWS...

Nah, there is no Common Sense in it, seeing those who abide by the law are treated like they would become outlaws if they could carry 2 or 3 different weapons...

But, HEY, Those Outlaws... Do you Really think they give a Darn what is in season and if seasons over lap???

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you are soley hunting turkey you can, you cannot hunt both deer and turkey at the same time. I don't believe the WCOs would have much of a prolem if they determined you were carying a shotgun while hunting deer with a bow.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts