The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Legal or not? I wouldn't shoot ether way but thought you could discuss..

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Doesn't quite look like that 3rd tine makes the one inch minimum. I personally wouldn't take the chance even if I could make out that 3rd tine clearly in my scope.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Hard to say, if I'm seeing a brow tine in between his right ear and the fork,or just brush. Can't tell from the photo.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That is one that clearly doesn't have enough. I wouldn't have even picked the gun up on that one and I pick that gun up on anything that has a chance of being legal.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Not legal IMO... Like to see him in 3-4 years and see what that left side palmation turns out to be.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
not legal. I remember when any antlers got me going back in the day though, heh heh.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
That doesn't stop some. People hunting near my camp, son at the truck says my uncle shot a 7 point. We waited for the uncle to walk out and decided to stand there and wait after he dropped the drag about 50 yards from the truck and came out to grab a bottle of water before finishing the drag.

After the nephew and son went and drug the deer out there was a nice y buck wi a small bump on one main beam and two bumps that would be brow tines...NEXT YEAR!

The guys son was a mentored youth yet dad was carrying a stainless magnum larger than the boy. Dad went on to say he saw it was enough points so he took a neck shot...

I'll bet the tag belonged to his son...to bad one of us wasn't a deputy WCO!

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
wis bang said:
That doesn't stop some. People hunting near my camp, son at the truck says my uncle shot a 7 point. We waited for the uncle to walk out and decided to stand there and wait after he dropped the drag about 50 yards from the truck and came out to grab a bottle of water before finishing the drag.

After the nephew and son went and drug the deer out there was a nice y buck wi a small bump on one main beam and two bumps that would be brow tines...NEXT YEAR!

The guys son was a mentored youth yet dad was carrying a stainless magnum larger than the boy. Dad went on to say he saw it was enough points so he took a neck shot...

I'll bet the tag belonged to his son...to bad one of us wasn't a deputy WCO!
Why would he come up and tell you the story that he shot it, if he didn't tag it? He surely would have said the kid shot it, if the kid tagged it. Could have grabbed his plate # and called the PGC.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts