The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Lefty

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Retiredusne8 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if one of you could point me in the right direction. I'm lefthanded and everybody tells me I should never shoot a righthanded Flintlock, is this true? Also does anyone make a lefthanded Flintlock? Any idea of price? Thanks and good luck to all.

#3 ·
Lyman makes a lefthanded Great Plains Rifle. I believe there are some others out there. Lymans are a little pricey but they are a great flintlock. You don't see many people on here complaining of problems with them. I have one. The flash comimg off a righ handed flintlock will probably make you flinch bad and will definately temporarily "flash out" your vision making it difficult if not almost impossible to stay on target in the slight delay between the flash and firing.

#7 ·
I shot a right handed one before and managed to stay on target but if I were left handed (which I am) and was buying one. I would buy a left handed one (which I did). I shoot right handed bolt rifles and can cycle them as fast as anyone. Never shot a left handed rifle. Probably would confuse me but for a flintlock I opted to get a left handed one because of the flash and delay.

#9 ·
Lyman makes the Great Plains, and the Deerstalker. Maybe anothefr model.

I got the Deerstalker and love it to death.

Do it right... get the lefty. If you shoot the righty, you'll just be loosing time due to wanting a lefty right away anyways.

Good luck.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.